talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

(CL) Group D - Matchday 6 - Tuesday 1st November, 2022

football forum

Sporting Lisbon vs Eintracht Frankfurt, 20.00 (GMT)

Marseille vs Tottenham, 20.00 (GMT)

image.png

- Tottenham have to win to guarantee 1st place, or draw and hope there's a draw in the other game too. A loss means they drop to 3rd.
- Sporting Lisbon have to win and hope Tottenham draw/lose. If Sporting draw, they will only qualify in 2nd and only if Marseille don't win
- Frankfurt can qualify, and finish 1st, if they win and Spurs lose. A draw is not enough for them to qualify for CL knockouts.
- Marseille have to win to qualify - they'll finish 1st if there's a draw between Sporting/Frankfurt. 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Would like to see Frankfurt turn it around and go through. 

And turn it around they did! They're through to the knockouts! 

Spurs get through too! A last minute goal by Hojberg! Frankfurt drop to 2nd. Sporting up to 3rd so they're through despite the loss. 

14 minutes ago, Storts said:

Never doubted them for a second. 

My arse. I said this group would go down to the wire but again they give us the brown trousers stuff. Going behind all the time kills me but I always say that it isn't over until the final whistle. Interesting how both matches ended in1-2 away wins too. So, who do we play next? What's the choice?

Edited by Chickasaw

We'll do better when we take the lead, hopefully against Liverpool. Win this and we'll improve both play and results. But by God we've played a lot of football this last month and we're still winning. We can't underscore tonight's win.......massively important. I said it'd be a pivotal week, so far, so good.

Edited by Chickasaw

This last-minute winning for Spurs isn't sustainable. Son looked totally fucked coming off injured too. 

1 hour ago, Chickasaw said:

So, who do we play next? What's the choice?

Draw is on Monday midday. 

Any non-English 2nd-placed team from another group. 

29 minutes ago, Stan said:

This last-minute winning for Spurs isn't sustainable. Son looked totally fucked coming off injured too. 

Draw is on Monday midday. 

Any non-English 2nd-placed team from another group. 

Thank you Stan. Never been totally certain of the CL format. In that case we stand a good chance of going through. Just need to stop this going behind trend and bad first half. We're winning without some of our top players. Just wish Moura would come good, maybe I've missed something there. No Kulu, Rich or Son and we won. Bit concerned now about the lack of goals from our forwards. Maybe they've playe

d just too much football in the last month and need a rest.

Edited by Chickasaw