talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The first record you ever purchased legally?

football forum

Back in the day.... when things were so much better :ph34r:

My old man used to have one of these in the house. It was the cutting edge of technology at the time. It combined both a Radio &  Record player all in one... xD

Image result for old record players

It had 3 ( yes 3 ) turntable speeds 33rpm 45rpm & 78rpm for all the oldies in the house... There was of course some manual involvement involved to play a track You had to tape a coin to the stylus to stop it skipping across the record for starters. The single also normally came in 2 parts. The Record itself and the pop out plastic middle part which allowed for playing on different decks... They came in different shapes and sizes so the fun never ceased.. 

HOME PAGE ADAPTERS

Anyway... 

What was the first Record you ever purchased legally??? 

This was mine. It kick started a huge collection that I still own to this day... 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I used to listen to old records, radio and stuff well before that, but the first ever record I bought myself - it was actually a cassette tape, to be precise - was 4 Non Blondes - Bigger, better, fast, more! in 1992. I bought it solely for "What's up" after seeing it numerous times on MTV, of course... The whole album was shite.

Growing up, I listened to old records on a 60's Telefunken record player + tube radio cabinet of my parents/grandparents, hehe. Looked like this:

8fb979bdba93a2a996d21d6f73e0989e.jpg

It was absolutely brilliant, although I always wanted a Grundig instead as it looked so much cooler. Had some reel-to-reel tape recorder around the same time as well, but only for a short time, and then spent most of my childhood/early teen years listening to music on a Pioneer cassette deck. Never learned to appreciate CD, to be fair. Ah, good times.

The first cassette I ever owned was 'Queen's Greatest Hits' but that was a hand-me-down. CD? I believe the first I purchased was Green Day's 'American Idiot'. I think when I was very young I was given a copy of 'Backstreet is Back'. The first device I owned was a Sony Walkman, years later I owned a boombox and a CD Walkman, then when I was about thirteen I believe I owned my first stereo. At 14 I graduated to one of the very old iPods.

To be honest, I'd love an old Sony Walkman.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Spike said:

The first cassette I ever owned was 'Queen's Greatest Hits' but that was a hand-me-down. CD? I believe the first I purchased was Green Day's 'American Idiot'. I think when I was very young I was given a copy of 'Backstreet is Back'. The first device I owned was a Sony Walkman, years later I owned a boombox and a CD Walkman, then when I was about thirteen I believe I owned my first stereo. At 14 I graduated to one of the very old iPods.

To be honest, I'd love an old Sony Walkman.

Realtalk+allday_e5f04e_5173838.jpg

3 hours ago, StefBWFC said:

Now_54.jpg

Featuring such classics as:

• Move Your Feet - Junior Senior
  • Year 3000 - Busted
  • Boys of Summer - DJ Sammy
  • Sacred Trust - One True Voice
  • Mundian to Bach Ke - Panjabi MC

11 year olds make questionable decisions.

Fam I had Now 7, and 11.

8 hours ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Marshall Mathers LP which is kind of fucked considering I was only 9 years old and bought it from a guy who sold pirated CD's in my dads local pub.

So not legally then. :dam:

Mine was Knocked It Off by B.A. Robertson.

1 hour ago, Large said:

Mine was Knocked It Off by B.A. Robertson.

Brilliant tune!  Same as 'Video Killed The Radio Star' by The Buggles.

Another complete vinyl collection that I have is all the Bon Jovi stuff including their single picture discs.

Archived