talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The first record you ever purchased legally?

football forum

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Saturdays Are For The Boys said:

but why am i being quoted for this lol

I was just telling you O.o

Actually...  Should've obviously quoted Stef. xD

So was Nick Carter's brother actually any good? 

3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I was just telling you O.o

Actually...  Should've obviously quoted Stef. xD

So was Nick Carter's brother actually any good? 

I'm well aware it was a shameless rip off - I was simply recalling the gash that was on there, NOT condoning it!! :banana:

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I honestly don't even remember. I know it was a tape though. But far more frequently I'd record stuff onto blank cassettes off the radio, or copying other tapes - old school music piracy.

And the DJ would start talking BEFORE the song ended, ruining it all xD 

It was so much fun...

1 hour ago, nudge said:

And the DJ would start talking BEFORE the song ended, ruining it all xD 

It was so much fun...

It might be a Yanky thing but it really annoys me when DJs play songs and twenty seconds in.... Turns out it is just a promo 

17 minutes ago, True Bender said:

Is there a way to purchase something illegally?

Like you break into a shop, you break the cash box open, put the right ammount of money into it and take an item with you.

Black market champ. Used to be able to buy pirated VHS tapes, cassettes, CDs, etc.

3 minutes ago, True Bender said:

I never had contact to any form of black market in my entire life. I litterally forgot it exists.

People would also steal shit and resell it. Pretty easy for Blockbuster to lose some stock...sell it for half price and make a tidy profit

6 hours ago, True Bender said:

Is there a way to purchase something illegally?

Like you break into a shop, you break the cash box open, put the right ammount of money into it and take an item with you.

Purchasing something with a stolen credit card might count too.

• 3 months later...
  • Administrator

In the 80s and very early 90s I was taping songs off the radio, so I’m legit unsure what records I bought growing up. Prior to having my own money at 16 I rarely bought anything other than computer games for my 128k Spectrum ... but ... laborious intro coming to a close here, I do remember buying at 13 years old in 1991 buying Enya Shepherd Moons. Looking back and looking at the prog trance sound I like now; it was probably my first stepping stone into ambient and chill out. Although that might be quite leap associating Enya with that sound. 

On reflection. Caribbean Blue was better than anything else on the album, even Book of Days which was a blah blah wanky song for Far and Away with Cruise and Kidman. I remember my sister liking it more than I did. I’m sure I bought something before this but for the life of me, I can’t remember what xD

5963C769-75F9-4CA8-8A18-EDA0937626DE.jpeg

1 minute ago, Batard said:

In the 80s and very early 90s I was taping songs off the radio, so I’m legit unsure what records I bought growing up. Prior to having my own money at 16 I rarely bought anything other than computer games for my 128k Spectrum ... but ... laborious intro coming to a close here, I do remember buying at 13 years old in 1991 buying Enya Shepherd Moons. Looking back and looking at the prog trance sound I like now; it was probably my first stepping stone into ambient and chill out. Although that might be quite leap associating Enya with that sound. 

On reflection. Caribbean Blue was better than anything else on the album, even Book of Days which was a blah blah wanky song for Far and Away with Cruise and Kidman. I remember my sister liking it more than I did. I’m sure I bought something before this but for the life of me, I can’t remember what xD

5963C769-75F9-4CA8-8A18-EDA0937626DE.jpeg

YOU'RE ME!

YOU ARE ME!

This is odd...  This has to be a Twilight Zone moment xD

Ditto...

Anyone remember making copies with cassettes (and to a certain extent burning CDs)? Not a bad racket, I'm sure I was the last of the last kids to do such things. I kinda lived in this bizzarro transition world between generations.

Archived