talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2022 World Cup - Squad Announcements

football forum

20 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Reece James has confirmed he wasn’t selected. 

Thank Christ. 

Massive loss for England that. Genuinely become a class footballer over the last 12 months.

Obvious exception of Kane, one of the worst forward lines in the history of the national team. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Massive loss for England that. Genuinely become a class footballer over the last 12 months.

Obvious exception of Kane, one of the worst forward lines in the history of the national team. 

I don't think the squad has been announced,  who knows who will be in the forward line. 

42 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Gutted for him but glad they didn't risk it.. He may have pushed too hard to be fit for it and then just end up worsening the problem in the long run.. 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Says a lot about our depth when the likes of Jonny Williams and Chris Gunter are still being picked mind.

And Joe Allen... 

• Administrator

Cameroon squad

Goalkeepers: Devis Epassy (Abha Club), Simon Ngapandouetnbu (Marseille), Andre Onana (Inter Milan).

Defenders: Jean-Charles Castelletto (Nantes), Enzo Ebosse (Udinese), Collins Fai (Al Tai), Olivier Mbaizo (Philadelphia Union), Nicolas Nkoulou (Aris Salonika), Tolo Nouhou (Seattle Sounders), Christopher Wooh (Stade Rennes).

Midfielders: Martin Hongla (Verona), Pierre Kunde (Olympiakos), Olivier Ntcham (Swansea City), Gael Ondoua (Hannover 96), Samuel Oum Gouet (Mechelen), Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa (Napoli).

Forwards: Vincent Aboubakar (Al Nassr), Christian Bassogog (Shanghai Shenhua), Eric-Maxim Choupo Moting (Bayern Munich), Souaibou Marou (Coton Sport), Bryan Mbeumo (Brentford), Nicolas Moumi Ngamaleu (Young Boys Berne), Jerome Ngom (Colombe Dja), Georges-Kevin Nkoudou (Besiktas), Jean-Pierre Nsame (Young Boys Berne), Karl Toko Ekambi (Lyon).

• Administrator

USA

Goalkeepers: Ethan Horvath (Luton), Sean Johnson (New York City), Matt Turner (Arsenal)

Defenders: Cameron Carter-Vickers (Celtic), Sergino Dest (AC Milan), Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls), Shaq Moore (Nashville), Tim Ream (Fulham), Antonee Robinson (Fulham), Joe Scally (Borussia Monchengladbach), DeAndre Yedlin (Miami), Walker Zimmerman (Nashville)

Midfielders: Brenden Aaronson (Leeds), Kellyn Acosta (Los Angeles), Tyler Adams (Leeds), Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo), Weston McKennie (Juventus), Yunus Musah (Valencia), Cristian Roldan (Seattle)

Forwards: Jesus Ferreira (Dallas), Jordan Morris (Seattle), Christian Pulisic (Chelsea), Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund), Josh Sargent (Norwich), Tim Weah (Lille), Haji Wright (Antalyspor)

13 minutes ago, Stan said:

Moukoko, Füllkrug, Götze, and Hofmann in attack.  I love those picks.  Never heard of Kehrer... guess I'll have to do some homework.  There was a rumor that Flick was going to take 4 goalkeepers, which I never understood.

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

USA

Goalkeepers: Ethan Horvath (Luton), Sean Johnson (New York City), Matt Turner (Arsenal)

Defenders: Cameron Carter-Vickers (Celtic), Sergino Dest (AC Milan), Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls), Shaq Moore (Nashville), Tim Ream (Fulham), Antonee Robinson (Fulham), Joe Scally (Borussia Monchengladbach), DeAndre Yedlin (Miami), Walker Zimmerman (Nashville)

Midfielders: Brenden Aaronson (Leeds), Kellyn Acosta (Los Angeles), Tyler Adams (Leeds), Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo), Weston McKennie (Juventus), Yunus Musah (Valencia), Cristian Roldan (Seattle)

Forwards: Jesus Ferreira (Dallas), Jordan Morris (Seattle), Christian Pulisic (Chelsea), Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund), Josh Sargent (Norwich), Tim Weah (Lille), Haji Wright (Antalyspor)

No Ricardo Pepe.  Surprising considering his form at the moment.  Won't matter... I think this squad will finish bottom of the group to be honest.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Coma said:

Moukoko, Füllkrug, Götze, and Hofmann in attack.  I love those picks.  Never heard of Kehrer... guess I'll have to do some homework.  There was a rumor that Flick was going to take 4 goalkeepers, which I never understood.

Kehrer moved from PSG to West Ham in summer. And since his move, he's not really done much. I don't know how he's played for Germany in the past, but if club form is anything to go by, I'm surprised he's made a World Cup squad.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Kehrer moved from PSG to West Ham in summer. And since his move, he's not really done much. I don't know how he's played for Germany in the past, but if club form is anything to go by, I'm surprised he's made a World Cup squad.

Looking at the defenders in that squad he'll likely never see the pitch anyway.  

1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Obviously he must be doing something right xD
I looked him up and had no idea he had continued playing in the Netherlands, so this is a real blast from out of nowhere for me.

Yea, he took a step back and revived his career at PSV Eindhoven. Probably needed to get away from the German media for some time as well. 

Archived