talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2022 World Cup - Squad Announcements

football forum

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Maguire is much better for England than he is for Man Utd. 

Yes, instead of being absolutely fucking dogshit he is only dogshit. I’m not one to argue that Tomori necessarily deserved a call up, but why not Tarkowski, he’s a very solid defender and a leader. Both things that Maguire hasn’t been for a long time. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Senegal squad

Goalkeepers: Seny Dieng (Queens Park Rangers), Alfred Gomis (Rennes), Edouard Mendy (Chelsea).

Defenders: Fode Ballo-Toure (AC Milan), Pape Abdou Cisse (Olympiakos), Abdou Diallo (RB Leipzig), Ismail Jakobs (Monaco), Kalidou Koulibaly (Chelsea), Formose Mendy (Amiens), Youssouf Sabaly (Real Betis).

Midfielders: Pathe Ciss (Rayo Vallecano), Krepin Diatta (Monaco), Idrissa Gana Gueye (Everton), Pape Gueye (Marseille), Cheikhou Kouyate (Nottingham Forest), Mamadou Loum Ndiaye (Reading), Nampalys Mendy (Leicester City), Moustapha Name (Pafos), Pape Matar Sarr (Tottenham Hotspur).

Forwards: Boulaye Dia (Salernitana), Famara Diedhiou (Alanyaspor), Bamba Dieng (Marseille), Nicolas Jackson (Villarreal), Sadio Mane (Bayern Munich), Iliman Ndiaye (Sheffield United), Ismaila Sarr (Watford).

3 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Looks like a good squad

The defence looks strong, plenty of quality defenders and fullbacks. But the midfield and attack have quite a few, ok players. I don't understand how they dropped Malen, he's one of their better attackers, they should have taken him. Vincent Janssen and Berghuis are very average players in my opinion. I am also very surprised with their goalkeeper selection, where they dropped Cillessen, Flekken and Krul, arguably their 3 best keepers in my view. Instead, the 3 keepers they selected, haven't got more than 8 international caps between them and one of them is 39 years old! Bijlow is a good keeper, but I'm not so impressed with Pasveer and Noppert.

10 minutes ago, Michael said:

The defence looks strong, plenty of quality defenders and fullbacks. But the midfield and attack have quite a few, ok players. I don't understand how they dropped Malen, he's one of their better attackers, they should have taken him. Vincent Janssen and Berghuis are very average players in my opinion. I am also very surprised with their goalkeeper selection, where they dropped Cillessen, Flekken and Krul, arguably their 3 best keepers in my view. Instead, the 3 keepers they selected, haven't got more than 8 international caps between them and one of them is 39 years old! Bijlow is a good keeper, but I'm not so impressed with Pasveer and Noppert.

Gravenberch is a player that is learning that smart career choices are important and why Cody Gapko should avoid Manchester like the plague

15 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Gravenberch is a player that is learning that smart career choices are important and why Cody Gapko should avoid Manchester like the plague

Well, Gravenberch is another player who should have definitely been taken to the World Cup. What do Kenneth Taylor, Klaassen, Berghuis and even de Roon have on Gravenberch? Sure, they've probably all played more minutes of football this season, but Gravenberch still made 9 substitute Bundesliga appearances this season, he's also played in 5 Champions league matches this season, starting in 2 of them. I don't think that it's the wrong decision for a young, extremely talented footballer like him to join an elite club like Bayern. He will become an integral part of the team sooner or later. But the Dutch manager van Gaal has clearly overlooked his talent, placing more importance on players with more regular playing time.

I'd suggest Netherlands lack a goal scorer.

Argentina look impressive. Messi finally got a Copa America. This is surely his last time to go for a World Cup. Don't know too much about Dybala & Lautaro Martinez other than high 80's on FIFA. Both look very average for their reputations whenever I have seen them though.

Happy to see Goetze back in favour. I recall he was supposedly struggling to get a club contract, before he went off to PSV a couple of years back. And got criticised for that too.

4 hours ago, Stan said:

I hope this point isn't misconstrued as something it's not (which can always happen when we make generalizations) 
But I feel like every african squad at every world cup is the same story. You can name EVERY starting forward option, a maximum of 1 midfielder and or 1 defender and no other players in the squad. Just a factory for attacking talent and then a bunch of nobodies behind them xD

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I hope this point isn't misconstrued as something it's not (which can always happen when we make generalizations) 
But I feel like every african squad at every world cup is the same story. You can name EVERY starting forward option, a maximum of 1 midfielder and or 1 defender and no other players in the squad. Just a factory for attacking talent and then a bunch of nobodies behind them xD

I just made this point to my friend and he said 'that's because france steal the good ones' lord have mercy xD

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

59 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I just made this point to my friend and he said 'that's because france steal the good ones' lord have mercy xD

Jokes on you, I can't name any of them.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Nah I get what you mean. 

Senegal have someone called 'Moustapha Name'. 

Must have a name?! 

7 hours ago, Stan said:

Nah I get what you mean. 

Senegal have someone called 'Moustapha Name'. 

Must have a name?! 

Maybe Moustapha "Name" is selling naming rights,  like his very own Patreon or Onlyfans,  get a gold membership and give me a name type of thing. 

• Administrator

Son makes the South Korea squad...

South Korea squad

Goalkeepers: Kim Seung-gyu (Al Shabab), Jo Hyeon-woo (Ulsan Hyundai), Song Bum-keun (Jeonbuk Motors)

Defenders: Kim Min-jae (Napoli), Kim Jin-su (Jeonbuk Motors), Hong Chul (Daegu FC), Kim Moon-hwan (Jeonbuk Motors), Yoon Jong-gyu (FC Seoul), Kim Young-gwon (Ulsan Hyundai), Kim Tae-hwan (Ulsan Hyundai), Kwon Kyung-won (Gamba Osaka), Cho Yu-min (Daejon Citizen)

Midfielders: Jung Woo-young (Al Sadd), Na Sang-ho (FC Seoul), Paik Seung-ho (Jeonbuk Motors), Son Jun-ho (Shandong Taishan), Song Min-kyu (Jeonbuk Motors), Kwon Chang-hoon (Gimcheon Sangmu), Lee Jae-sung (Mainz), Hwang Hee-chan (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Hwang In-beom (Olympiacos), Jeong Woo-yeong (Freiburg), Lee Kang-in (Real Mallorca)

Forwards: Hwang Ui-jo (Olympiacos), Cho Gue-sung (Jeonbuk Motors), Son Heung-min (Tottenham Hotspur)

• Administrator

Spain squad

Goalkeepers: Unai Simon (Athletic Bilbao), Robert Sanchez (Brighton), David Raya (Brentford).

Defenders: Cesar Azpilicueta (Chelsea), Dani Carvajal (Real Madrid), Eric Garcia (Barcelona), Hugo Guillamon (Valencia), Pau Torres (Villarreal), Aymeric Laporte (Manchester City), Jordi Alba (Barcelona), Jose Gaya (Valencia).

Midfielders: Sergio Busquets (Barcelona), Rodri Hernandez (Manchester City), Gavi (Barcelona), Carlos Soler (Paris St-Germain), Marcos Llorente (Atletico Madrid), Pedri Gonzalez (Barcelona), Koke Resurreccion (Atletico Madrid).

Forwards: Ferran Torres (Barcelona), Nico Williams (Athletic Bilbao), Yeremi Pino (Villarreal), Alvaro Morata (Atletico Madrid), Marco Asensio (Real Madrid), Pablo Sarabia (Paris St Germain), Dani Olmo (RB Leipzig), Ansu Fati (Barcelona).

On 11/11/2022 at 17:52, Reluctant Striker said:

I'd suggest Netherlands lack a goal scorer.

Argentina look impressive. Messi finally got a Copa America. This is surely his last time to go for a World Cup. Don't know too much about Dybala & Lautaro Martinez other than high 80's on FIFA. Both look very average for their reputations whenever I have seen them though.

Happy to see Goetze back in favour. I recall he was supposedly struggling to get a club contract, before he went off to PSV a couple of years back. And got criticised for that too.

Not really a problem with goal scoring, the Dutch were one of the Top scorers in the qualifying with Depay as joint top scorer with Kane. 

On 11/11/2022 at 16:09, Michael said:

Malen has been shit, very off form, the inclusion of Janssen is the only very questionable choice as Danjuma should be in the squad and also Botman should be ahead of Blind.  Really pleased Xavi Simons is in the squad, its a good replacement for Wijnaldum. 

Archived