talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2022 World Cup - Squad Announcements

football forum

1 hour ago, Panna King said:

Not really a problem with goal scoring, the Dutch were one of the Top scorers in the qualifying with Depay as joint top scorer with Kane. 

Depay & the team may well have scored a few Vs Turkey, Norway (3rd even with Haaland), Montenegro, Latvia & Gibraltar.

And I'm not sure Senegal, Ecuador & Qatar will be much of a step up from that.

But I do very much doubt him & them later on.

Strangely I had near enough this exact conversation with a young Dutch person around the time van Persie was getting on a bit. He disagreed. Netherlands didn't qualify for the 2018 World Cup..

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Argentina World Cup 2022 squad: The final 26-man team

• GK: Emi Martinez (Aston Villa)
  • GK: Franco Armani (River Plate)
  • GK: Geronimo Rulli (Villarreal)
  •  
  • DF: Marcos Acuna (Sevilla)
  • DF: Juan Foyth (Villarreal)
  • DF: Lisandro Martinez (Manchester United)
  • DF: Nicolas Tagliafico (Lyon)
  • DF: Cristian Romero (Tottenham)
  • DF: Nicolas Otamendi (Benfica)
  • DF: Nahuel Molina (Atletico Madrid)
  • DF: Gonzalo Montiel (Sevilla)
  • DF: German Pezzella (Real Betis)
  •  
  • MF: Angel Di Maria (Juventus)
  • MF: Leandro Paredes (Juventus)
  • MF: Rodrigo De Paul (Atletico Madrid)
  • MF: Alexis Mac Allister (Brighton)
  • MF: Enzo Fernandez (Benfica)
  • MF: Exequiel Palacios (Bayer Leverkusen)
  • MF: Guido Rodriguez (Real Betis)
  •  
  • FW: Lionel Messi (PSG)
  • FW: Lautaro Martinez (Inter Milan)
  • FW: Paulo Dybala (Roma)
  • FW: Joaquin Correa (Inter Milan)
  • FW: Julian Alvarez (Manchester City)
  • FW: Nicolas Gonzalez (Fiorentina)
  • FW: Alejandro Gomez (Sevilla)

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Havertz Germany Vice Captain. 

Ok. 

I also would like to remind everyone that this is a fella who once cut the cool pack open and put the blue gel into his drink xD 

6 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

2014 when they hosted it you fucking plonkydonker. 

No they fucking weren’t you spastico, They were made fun because they picked fucking FRED as their main forward after Neymar. I actually knew a Brazilian guy at the time and he had zero hope and that was the overall feeling that they were underdogs and the only reason they could win was because they had home advantage

23 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

lol 4 keepers is unnecessary but mildly amusing 

Oldest squad in the tournament. Only 1 player under 25. Not sure how relevant that is, but it's a stat I guess.

Azmoun & Taremi have good scoring stats for Iran. Taremi also has a good record with Porto. Jahanbakhsh is a name that was being talked about for Iran around the last world cup, doesn't seem to be as much noise around him now but can't have lost all his talent. Maybe England shouldn't take Iran's attack so lightly. 

31 minutes ago, Spike said:

No they fucking weren’t you spastico, They were made fun because they picked fucking FRED as their main forward after Neymar. I actually knew a Brazilian guy at the time and he had zero hope and that was the overall feeling that they were underdogs and the only reason they could win was because they had home advantage

They were a top 2 favorite with the bookies so shove that up your arse cunt.

20 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Oldest squad in the tournament. Only 1 player under 25. Not sure how relevant that is, but it's a stat I guess.

Azmoun & Taremi have good scoring stats for Iran. Taremi also has a good record with Porto. Jahanbakhsh is a name that was being talked about for Iran around the last world cup, doesn't seem to be as much noise around him now but can't have lost all his talent. Maybe England shouldn't take Iran's attack so lightly. 

Azmoun & Taremi are by far and away the best players in the side - but Azmoun's suffered a bad injury recently and I don't think he's quite fully recovered. Only recently returned to training I believe - so I think it's a bit of a risk for Iran to have only brought 2 fully fit strikers. Jahanbakhsh isn't really quite the same player he was before his move to Brighton, he doesn't offer a whole lot going forward. But his defensive workrate from a wide player is huge and he's probably one of the most consistently hard workers in the Iran side.

12 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

They were a top 2 favorite with the bookies so shove that up your arse cunt.

Bookies can suck my dick, they are in the business to win fucking money from tards like you that believe in the  ‘favourites’ they pick

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

Bookies can suck my dick, they are in the business to win fucking money from tards like you that believe in the  ‘favourites’ they pick

You understand they give the shortest odds to the most likely to win so they have to pay out the least?

So all the publications and bookies were pretending Brazil were expected to win it. And your incredibly anecdotal evidence reigns supreme? Okay.

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You understand they give the shortest odds to the most likely to win so they have to pay out the least?

So all the publications and bookies were pretending Brazil were expected to win it. And your incredibly anecdotal evidence reigns supreme? Okay.

So you admit you’re wrong then.

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Every fucking world cup Argentina and Brazil are lauded as favorites and every fucking world cup I ask myself why.

Good teams. 

Archived