Werder Bremen vs Schalke, 17.30

Sunday 6th November, 2022
Bayer Leverkusen vs Union Berlin
Freiburg vs FC Koln, 16.30

image.png

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Gladbach won 3-1 against Stuttgart. They were ahead 2-0 relatively early. And it look like a one way street-match, but then Stuttgart came back, and were close to the 2-2 when Gladbach scored the 3-1 in the end. 

But I'm happy that Gladbach scored the 3-1, because that was my prediction. On here, and also in a prediction league where I'm participating with friends in real life. And there's always that one woman, the wife of a friend, who predicts EVERY match 2-1 for the team that is ahead in the table. And that works so well for her, and she's challenging me for the lead. 2-1 would have meant that she overtook me again. So I was more than happy when Patrick Herrmann scored the 3-1 for that reason alone. Get fucked, Jenny! 

11 hours ago, Tommy said:

So Gladbach won 3-1 against Stuttgart. They were ahead 2-0 relatively early. And it look like a one way street-match, but then Stuttgart came back, and were close to the 2-2 when Gladbach scored the 3-1 in the end. 

But I'm happy that Gladbach scored the 3-1, because that was my prediction. On here, and also in a prediction league where I'm participating with friends in real life. And there's always that one woman, the wife of a friend, who predicts EVERY match 2-1 for the team that is ahead in the table. And that works so well for her, and she's challenging me for the lead. 2-1 would have meant that she overtook me again. So I was more than happy when Patrick Herrmann scored the 3-1 for that reason alone. Get fucked, Jenny! 

Yes, it was important win for Gladbach, who despite their injuries, still managed to come out on top against Stuttgart. I think that Marcus Thuram should get a mention as well, he's been excellent for Gladbach this season. There's been a lot of talk about how good Fullkrug has been, but Thuram has done just as well. He has scored plenty of goals this season and has also provided quite a few assists as well. He is really living up to his potential this season.

• Subscriber
46 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yes, it was important win for Gladbach, who despite their injuries, still managed to come out on top against Stuttgart. I think that Marcus Thuram should get a mention as well, he's been excellent for Gladbach this season. There's been a lot of talk about how good Fullkrug has been, but Thuram has done just as well. He has scored plenty of goals this season and has also provided quite a few assists as well. He is really living up to his potential this season.

Füllkrug doesn't spit in people's faces though, so it's 1-0 for Niclas :ph34r:

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Hertha putting up a fight against Bayern? :o 

Went 0-3 down, but then Lukebakio scored shortly after and Selke got fouled in the box and scored from penalty spot just before the half time! 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Went 0-3 down, but then Lukebakio scored shortly after and Selke got fouled in the box and scored from penalty spot just before the half time! 

Dodi. :x He seems to be in great form recently. Very happy for him, as there were already talks of selling him. He brought me some of my happiest stadium memories in recent years. Always delivered for us, against the big teams like Bayern and Dortmund too. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Dodi. :x He seems to be in great form recently. Very happy for him, as there were already talks of selling him. He brought me some of my happiest stadium memories in recent years. Always delivered for us, against the big teams like Bayern and Dortmund too. 

Yeah, he looked good against us last week, too... Missed several chances, but looked dangerous.

And yes, the commentator said he loves scoring against Bayern, it's apparently his 6th against them xD 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Looks like he had back pain. Hopefully nothing serious. 

No wonder, he was hit from behind several times. Schalke overly aggressive, especially in the first half. But yeah, it didn't look serious.

• Subscriber

An important, dirty win. Especially with Bayern and RB coming up next... Weiser MOTM for me again, has been brilliant for us ever since joining last season. Hopefully Füllkrug is fine, he looked alright after the match. 

I could say 'well done, nudge', but it didn't need to be anything special for you to win this one.  Another loser takes over and keeps the same dross and pathetic players he has inherited.  I watched Leeds this afternoon and so should the Schalke staff - JM used his kids and even though their defence let in 3, the kids got 4.... mainly by running and pressing which is just not there in the 04 game at present with the old men unable to even pass to each other these days.  If our new 'loser' in charge is going to be able to stay he has to sort out the squad and quickly - no one will blame him for trying to solve the problem he has inherited, but to deny the problem exists and keep the same players on the pitch will be another new coach in 3 months time....  I never mind losing if the effort and work rate is high - the experience and eventual quality will come, but at present the possibilies seem to be sat on the bench for 90 minutes every game.

Mainz next and a chance to try something different -- perhaps........

We must have been watcing a different game - try and watch the Leeds match and you will see what I mean  - it was even frantic at times, but you had to watch every minutes it was that good a game!

PS glad you're in good health again - sorry we missed each other in october!

• Subscriber

Yeah, I also thought Schalke definitely had the right mentality today, fought for every centimeter of the pitch throughout the game, pushed forward, created goal scoring opportunities. Individual quality was disappointing at times for them, but surely can't fault the effort and work rate.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived