AC Milan vs Tottenham
Frankfurt vs Napoli
Borussia Dortmund vs Chelsea
Inter Milan vs FC Porto
PSG vs Bayern Munich

14 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Bayern not getting a lucky draw for once. :o 

And I hope Man City crush RB Leipzig. 

Well, it looks like all the German sides have had very tough draws. 

RB Leipzig face the strongest team in England in Man City.

Bayern Munich face the strongest team in France in PSG.

Frankfurt face the strongest team in Italy in Napoli.

While Dortmund face Chelsea, another very strong Premier League team.

I am sure the German clubs would have much preferred to be drawn to play the likes of Brugge, Porto or Benfica instead, but none of them were that lucky.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Michael said:

Well, it looks like all the German sides have had very tough draws. 

RB Leipzig face the strongest team in England in Man City.

Bayern Munich face the strongest team in France in PSG.

Frankfurt face the strongest team in Italy in Napoli.

While Dortmund face Chelsea, another very strong Premier League team.

I am sure the German clubs would have much preferred to be drawn to play the likes of Brugge, Porto or Benfica instead, but none of them were that lucky.

Benfica are one of the strongest in Europe. Not lost a game all season.

They shouldn't be taken lightly!

Chelsea aren't that strong right now. Very consistent, quite a few injuries. 

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

Benfica are one of the strongest in Europe. Not lost a game all season.

They shouldn't be taken lightly!

Chelsea aren't that strong right now. Very consistent, quite a few injuries. 

Having a great record in the Portuguese League, doesn't mean too much when we are talking about elite teams in my opinion. True though, they managed to draw with PSG twice in the group stage and not lose to them, but PSG controlled both those matches and looked the better side. No doubt Benfica have shown themselves to be tough opponents, but how good they actually are, the jury is still out on that one in my view. 

Chelsea topped their Champions League group with relative ease. They also smacked AC Milan about both home and away, winning 2-0 and 3-0 respectively, in their two games against them. Some of their performances domestically may have been erratic, but they are still a top Premier League side, that are always dangerous in the Champions League. There's also no doubting the quality of players that they have in their squad, some of the best in the world. They won the Champions League only the season before last, with many of the same players that they still have in their squad. On their day they can be very dangerous.

But I take your point about the improvement of Benfica this season, they've had a great run so far.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Waylander said:

The tie of the round looks to be Liverpool vs Madrid.

No doubt Madrid will be favourites though Liverpool do lift themselves for big matches. 

I think AC Milan vs Tottenham & Frankfurt vs Napoli will be good ties. 

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Machado said:

Bayern vs PSG and Real Madrid vs Liverpool is great news for the rest of us.

I like the fact that you'll got a bit of a break because I like the way you'll are doing this year and I feel like with a little luck you'll can go quite far.

Jurgen Klopp on Liverpool’s UCL draw with Real Madrid:

“The first thing that we can say about this draw is it is proper Champions League. This is a tie that speaks for itself and one that we should all be excited about.

“I know we have played Real Madrid in a couple of recent finals but it is not so often that our two clubs have met in a two-legged tie so now we can look forward to this happening.

“Real’s European record is the best around. We know this. But we also know that ours is not too bad. On top of this, we know that we have Anfield and everyone knows what this means.

“It is a really good draw. A really exciting draw. The games themselves are still a few months away but it does not take a great deal of imagination to think what the atmosphere will be like at both games. This draw has given us something special to look forward to.” #LFC [lfc]

Would be truly refreshing for the competition if someone like Napoli could get to the semi's. I really hope they can keep their momentum rolling because they are a good watch. You want someone else to mix it up now and again.

The fact that PSG got stiffed from coming top by one goal down to Benfica scoring a 90th min 6th away at Maccabi and then drawing Bayern as a result is what dreams are made of.

9 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Would be truly refreshing for the competition if someone like Napoli could get to the semi's. I really hope they can keep their momentum rolling because they are a good watch. You want someone else to mix it up now and again.

The fact that PSG got stiffed from coming top by one goal down to Benfica scoring a 90th min 6th away at Maccabi and then drawing Bayern as a result is what dreams are made of.

Agree although I preferred Frankfurt to be the team going to the semis.

• 1 month later...
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived