talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2022/23 Europa League - Knockout Play-offs Draw

football forum

• Administrator

Draw takes place from 12pm (GMT) on Monday 7th November, 2022

Seeded Teams (2nd in Europa League Group)
PSV
Rennes
Roma
Union Berlin
Man Utd
FC Midtjylland
Nantes
Monaco

Unseeded Teams (3rd in Champions League Group)
Ajax
Bayer Leverkusen
Barcelona
Sporting Lisbon
RB Salzburg
Shakhtar Donetsk
Sevilla
Juventus

First legs on 16th February
Second legs on 23rd February

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some strong teams from the Champions League are entering the Europa League here. Ajax, Bayer Leverkusen, Barcelona, Sporting Lisbon, RB Salzburg, Shakhtar Donetsk, Seville and Juventus are all at the very least, experienced and tough sides to face. There should be some very entertaining matches up ahead in this competition.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Michael said:

Some strong teams from the Champions League are entering the Europa League here. Ajax, Bayer Leverkusen, Barcelona, Sporting Lisbon, RB Salzburg, Shakhtar Donetsk, Seville and Juventus are all at the very least, experienced and tough sides to face. There should be some very entertaining matches up ahead in this competition.

Sevilla love this competition, too. 

Would be hilarious if Barcelona get knocked out of this. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Seville have had an excellent track record in this competition over the last 10 years. I am sure Barcelona will find it tough in this competition. There are some very good teams competing and I personally don't think Barcelona will win it.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Didn't Barca get knocked out of this early a few years back when we got to the final?

It was either last season or the season before.

Looking at that list of teams they may appear strong but they are pretty average really. Sporting Lisbon impressed me but the rest are going through bad periods, even Sevilla are struggling at the foot of La Liga.

I know a lot of United fans wanted to avoid this play off, rightfully so as well but one thing I will say is all those sides will be looking at us wanting to avoid us. Our form is better, I don't fear any of them, I'd rather avoid Barca but on the other hand it would be nice to get one over on them.

53 minutes ago, Devil said:

Didn't Barca get knocked out of this early a few years back when we got to the final?

It was either last season or the season before.

Looking at that list of teams they may appear strong but they are pretty average really. Sporting Lisbon impressed me but the rest are going through bad periods, even Sevilla are struggling at the foot of La Liga.

I know a lot of United fans wanted to avoid this play off, rightfully so as well but one thing I will say is all those sides will be looking at us wanting to avoid us. Our form is better, I don't fear any of them, I'd rather avoid Barca but on the other hand it would be nice to get one over on them.

Barca got knocked out early last season, but it were Frankfurt and Rangers that went on to the final round. They played the CL round of 16 though, when Man Utd contested the Europa League final. So your answer is a firm yes and no.

56 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Barca got knocked out early last season, but it were Frankfurt and Rangers that went on to the final round. They played the CL round of 16 though, when Man Utd contested the Europa League final. So your answer is a firm yes and no.

I knew it was recently but wasn't sure if it was last season or the season before.

This play off is a bit strange really, Sociedad's reward for winning the group is avoiding the play off against the champions league drop outs . 

Yet their next game as a rewarded seed is against one of the winners of the play offs. Which is likely a champions league drop out anyway!!!!

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Devil said:

I knew it was recently but wasn't sure if it was last season or the season before.

This play off is a bit strange really, Sociedad's reward for winning the group is avoiding the play off against the champions league drop outs . 

Yet their next game as a rewarded seed is against one of the winners of the play offs. Which is likely a champions league drop out anyway!!!!

But it's two fewer games. 

• Administrator

Barcelona vs Man Utd
Juventus vs Nantes
Sporting Lisbon vs Midtjylland
Shakhtar Donetsk vs Stade Rennais
Ajax vs Union Berlin
Bayer Leverkusen vs Monaco
Sevilla vs PSV
RB Salzburg vs Roma

• The topic was unpinned

Archived