27/01/2021 - Everton 1-1 Leicester

Recent Form
Everton - DWLLL
Leicester - LWWDL

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Hopefully we go back to the pre-Man City set-up. Not ultra defensive, but actually utilising our attacking players with more intent.

Ward

Castagne - Amartey - Faes - Justin

Tielemans - Soumare*

Maddison - KDH - Barnes

Daka

Vardy seems to be off the pace recently, Daka deserves another start.

Soumare or Ndidi in midfield.

Need to keep the likes of Gray, Iwobi, Gordon, Calvert-Lewin quiet. 

• Subscriber

Me and Stan have gone very opposite on predictions here, he's gone for a goalfest and I've gone 0-0 xD

We've definitely become a bit harder to break down which was a key issue for me. I think the Knudsen appointment has helped that no end though. We defend the box far better now. We used to be pure panic stations at every cross and now everyone, even the likes of Ward and Amartey look a bit more like they know what they're doing.

I want four points from this and West Ham. It's optimistic, but we've got to make up for these dropped points by getting them at places we don't 'expect' them. We've lost to Southampton and Bournemouth and drawn at home to Palace. You have to compensate for that somewhere given we virtually started the season on -7.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I predict a draw here. Not seen Leicester lately but their results have obviously picked up as I expected. 1-1 with a scrappy goal from us and a screamer from them.

✅

A largely shite half from us.

• Subscriber

0-2. An absolutely awful lack of quality from us on the ball tonight from front to back. The number of wasteful passes, crosses, little flicks that we've misplaced tonight, simply not of a good Premier League standard.

Still, this result won't look as bad come the end of the season because Leicester are probably ending up in the top half and we're not. Maddison, Tielemans, Barnes have shown quality that our attacking players apart from Iwobi simply don't possess. 

• Administrator

And still Southgate ignores him, weirdly. 

image.png

Youri Tielemans. You absolute beauty. What a worldie of a goal. Similar quality to the one he banged in against Wolves. 

Turnaround in form is mad. Clean sheets and sorting the defence out was the first port of call and having Faes there has clearly helped. 

Would be great if we could end with a win against West Ham before the break. 

Has to be something personal. I did think it was maybe that he didn’t the ability to play multiple positions and isn’t defensively minded like the other centre mods but you see his dribbling and creative work and it’s something we sorely lack in midfield, especially with all those runners ahead of him.

• Subscriber

Yeah I've read the arguments about it and I'd understand the case somewhat but England literally are bad at what he offers. It has to be personal. There is no explanation otherwise. He has been phenomenal for a year now - genuinely not far off the level Mahrez was turning in for us.

Excellent result. I know there's a long way to go etc... but I can't envisage us being in real trouble now unless we have an injury crisis. It's not the finished article but we've basically patched up our weakness (defending) while retaining what we were good at (almost inevitability of scoring a goal). There's just simply far too much quality in this side to get relegated. Onwards and upwards. Fair play to plenty of them - plenty proving me wrong at the minute, more than anybody Danny Ward who since Bournemouth has barely put a foot wrong. Fair play to the bloke. Genuinely chuffed for him.

4 hours ago, Stan said:

And still Southgate ignores him, weirdly. 

image.png

Youri Tielemans. You absolute beauty. What a worldie of a goal. Similar quality to the one he banged in against Wolves. 

Turnaround in form is mad. Clean sheets and sorting the defence out was the first port of call and having Faes there has clearly helped. 

Would be great if we could end with a win against West Ham before the break. 

21st august 2021 is a pretty arbitrary time to start counting. Did he score a hattrick that day or something? 

Besides, fuck it. He's got a big market value, it's better for you lot that he DOESN'T play because he can't get injured that way, and England aren't winning the world cup whether you play him or not 

• Subscriber

My main worry with him is a World Cup snub is likely to change his course here. He will want out - and to be honest, I don't begrudge him a move to a top team, he deserves it, he's earned it. Going to be a fucking hard summer for us. We're likely to lose both him and Tielemans.

In those two, and probably Barnes as well you'd have to say, we have three genuinely dangerous players in any game. With players like that at the club we have a chance against anybody on our day. It's why going down should've never been even close to an option. I'm about 95% sure we won't now though.

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

21st august 2021 is a pretty arbitrary time to start counting. Did he score a hattrick that day or something? 

Besides, fuck it. He's got a big market value, it's better for you lot that he DOESN'T play because he can't get injured that way, and England aren't winning the world cup whether you play him or not 

Nah I know what you mean. For me, I think it's just more of the injustice of it all that he's been in really good form for so long yet has been constantly ignored. 

• The title was changed to Everton 0-2 Leicester - Saturday 5th November, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived