talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 1-2 Liverpool - Sunday 6th November, 2022

football forum

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah but what’s he supposed to do if we’re so shit we can’t give him decent service to work with in many matches

I mean that's not just a matter of not having service it's also how the team has been setup, but I still maintain he's not been as effective in the league as he could be. It's also because we've had a front-line riddled with injury and a midfield that has struggled in the absence of key players that anchor that line. 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
48 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

He isn't having a shit season. He's yet again our most consistent player.

6 Goals + 3 assists puts him at par with Bobby who was/is having a good run. It's not that I think he's gone off the boil but you'd expect someone who is our main goal threat to be performing better. As I said before it doesn't entirely rest on his shoulders but there are times when he's been rather wasteful.

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

6 Goals + 3 assists puts him at par with Bobby who was/is having a good run. It's not that I think he's gone off the boil but you'd expect someone who is our main goal threat to be performing better. As I said before it doesn't entirely rest on his shoulders but there are times when he's been rather wasteful.

9 goal contributions in 13 games ... in a team that is playing like shit..  and you expect more? 

Sorry but I can't agree with you at all. 

• Subscriber
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

9 goal contributions in 13 games ... in a team that is playing like shit..  and you expect more? 

Sorry but I can't agree with you at all. 

Numbers only tell half the story, don't they? You've seen the games and how the goals have had to come versus what it has taken to get them in the past based on his individual skill. Keep in mind, once again, that he's our main goalscorer and isn't a striker so he's got a lot more in his skill-set to use and help either move the ball into positions for goals or take it on himself. Salah a year ago would be doing much better and while we can sit here and debate about what's acceptable the fact still remains that even if he's working with a team currently that is more inconsistent than it has been in the last two years, he's still lower than what you'd expect him to be based on what he can do versus what he is currently. 

P.S. I hope he goes on and gets back into stride and today was just another confidence booster for him, but it has to come at something a bit more consistent than what it is and I don't blame him alone it's also on Jurgen and how he's played him in positions that have forced him out of his natural space. 

11 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Numbers only tell half the story, don't they? You've seen the games and how the goals have had to come versus what it has taken to get them in the past based on his individual skill. Keep in mind, once again, that he's our main goalscorer and isn't a striker so he's got a lot more in his skill-set to use and help either move the ball into positions for goals or take it on himself. Salah a year ago would be doing much better and while we can sit here and debate about what's acceptable the fact still remains that even if he's working with a team currently that is more inconsistent than it has been in the last two years, he's still lower than what you'd expect him to be based on what he can do versus what he is currently. 

P.S. I hope he goes on and gets back into stride and today was just another confidence booster for him, but it has to come at something a bit more consistent than what it is and I don't blame him alone it's also on Jurgen and how he's played him in positions that have forced him out of his natural space. 

Don't agree with any of that.. sorry. 

• Administrator

Listened to this on the radio driving from Bristol - sounded like Liverpool dominated for much of the game and Spurs barely had a sniff, and couldn't really get into the game. Didn't hear Kane's name for a good 20 mins or so after the game started. 

Gutted there weren't a series of bookings though.

I had a free £5 'Build A Bet' on Skybet to use on the game, went for the following:

Nunez shot on target
Salah shot on target
Hojbjerg shot on target
Kane shot on target
BTTS
Over 1.5 goals
7+ Corners
30+ booking pts

Came to 25/1.

Gutted the last line didn't come in, especially considering these games have had a bit of bite to them in recent seasons. Wankers.

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

Massive winning streak after a 3-2 comeback. Oh, wait………

The form is unreal! But it happens often, right...?!

• The title was changed to Tottenham 1-2 Liverpool - Sunday 6th November, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Second time I have seen Liverpool win when they were expected to lose.

Looking like they might be raising their game for the big matches and then dropping form for the 'minnows'.

Now it might be more than that like trying to break down defensive formations versus playing more open sides.

Anyone else have thoughts?

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Listened to this on the radio driving from Bristol - sounded like Liverpool dominated for much of the game and Spurs barely had a sniff, and couldn't really get into the game. Didn't hear Kane's name for a good 20 mins or so after the game started. 

Gutted there weren't a series of bookings though.

I had a free £5 'Build A Bet' on Skybet to use on the game, went for the following:

Nunez shot on target
Salah shot on target
Hojbjerg shot on target
Kane shot on target
BTTS
Over 1.5 goals
7+ Corners
30+ booking pts

Came to 25/1.

Gutted the last line didn't come in, especially considering these games have had a bit of bite to them in recent seasons. Wankers.

The form is unreal! But it happens often, right...?!

That’s not the game at all. Liverpool very fortunate to win. 

5 minutes ago, Storts said:

That’s not the game at all. Liverpool very fortunate to win. 

This is also not true. You had us sweating for about 20 minutes from the 90. The whole first half you were shite, we should have put a couple more past you.

You came out all guns blazing for about five minutes when the second half started, then dropped back until Kulusevski came back on. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Rick said:

This is also not true. You had us sweating for about 20 minutes from the 90. The whole first half you were shite, we should have put a couple more past you.

You came out all guns blazing for about five minutes when the second half started, then dropped back until Kulusevski came back on. 

It is true. I can’t really be bothered to type a long post but no way should we have lost that. Thought you were so far off the levels we’ve come to expect. We gifted you two goals. We hit the post, the bar, had a few just go wide. Couldn’t hit a barn door all day but second half we dominated and even first half we had a very good spell in between goals. Very disappointed to lose honestly but individual errors are going to cost us and can’t give a player of Salahs quality those sort of opportunities. 

7 hours ago, Rick said:

Yeah I think that’s a silly take too. And really Spurs only have themselves to blame by playing cowardly football for so long in the match when they very clearly could have been putting our defense under more pressure.

By the time they were looking genuinely consistently threatening they’d been outplayed for about 77% of the match and were probably fortunate Salah didn’t score more.

Conte’s obviously a proven winner but matches like that are why I prefer managers with a less defensive mindset. We’re a struggling side with obvious defensive frailties, Spurs have one of the best attacks in the league. And they were a bit cowardly tbh for too long in the match where a more adventurous manager would try to put our struggling defense to the sword.

Better for us though that Spurs didn’t really try to test us more til too late.

Archived