talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Put Up For Sale by FSG

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Completely changed the trajectory of the club into one of the best sides in the world for the last 4 years, interesting to see how the eventual new owners will approach the transfer market and their relationship with Klopp

It’s time. They brought the club so far, and I’ll be grateful to them for bringing in Klopp and supporting the club to this point, but they can’t go any further with their financials. They can cash out and walk away with an unbelievable profit. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Appears they only want to add additional shareholders vs outright sell. 

They are saving that publically, but this is basically them calling out for all the oil barons to come and start bidding. They know for a fact that offers are going to start rolling in pretty swiftly. 

• The title was changed to Liverpool Put Up For Sale by FSG
18 minutes ago, Rick said:

They are saving that publically, but this is basically them calling out for all the oil barons to come and start bidding. They know for a fact that offers are going to start rolling in pretty swiftly. 

Reports were knocking about that they already rejected a £3billion bid from the middle east so could be they are looking for more shareholders rather than a complete offload although if they were to sell it would be a good time 

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Reports were knocking about that they already rejected a £3billion bid from the middle east so could be they are looking for more shareholders rather than a complete offload although if they were to sell it would be a good time 

I think they next couple of windows will be telling. There are clear issues with the squad, let’s see if they stump up the cash to fix them. I do hope we get new ownership. 

6 minutes ago, Rick said:

I think they next couple of windows will be telling. There are clear issues with the squad, let’s see if they stump up the cash to fix them. I do hope we get new ownership. 

Could just be a coincidence but the first season you underperform the 'For Sale' notices start going up.... :ph34r:

Season 20 Fire GIF by The Simpsons

• Subscriber

I am curious what they finally settle on. I can see them wanting to still gain revenue from this but in all honesty they're looking to fund the purchase of an NBA team (rumours) and this seems like a good time to exit for them.

The only problem is that with the economy sliding the way it is there are really only a few set of interested parties that could pony up the kind of money they are looking for.

7 hours ago, Cicero said:

Appears they only want to add additional shareholders vs outright sell. 

Seems similar to what the Glaziers are trying to do with United.  Get some cash by selling some shares but make sure they keep majority ownership.

The problem is that for the most part the type of people who can afford to buy the top Premier clubs outright are not the type of people you want in football.

If rumours of FSG  wanting to buy a NBA club are true, what does that do to LeBron James.  He owns a bit of FSG and I don't think he can be a player and a part owner of another team.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Congratulations Liverpool customers, the cycle of enriching a small group of Americans has come full circle. What will the next John look like to whore the soul of football?

If only old bill who owns a pie shop in Liverpool could afford it. 

Just now, Rick said:

If only old bill who owns a pie shop in Liverpool could afford it. 

Yeah I know right, why can’t there be 200,000 Bills from one particular location all that share the same common interest? Haha how weird would it be if the club members OWNED the CLUB, haha what a weird idea. 

Archived