talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Put Up For Sale by FSG

6 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I know this season has been hard but you have had six years of being well run, the first sign of adversity is being grossly overreacted to. 

FSG have backed the club and done so without breaking rules.  this season seemed to back the adage of "never rains it pours" in that so many things went wrong at once.    300m or 200m in the summer will let you significantly refresh the team, Bellingham would be massive and some tweaks elsewhere maybe a CB and CM on top of Bellingham is all you really need as the team is not broken maybe move a couple out like Keita, Ox, Gomes, Matip and replace them with a good player.  Liverpool's problems are grossly over exaggerated.

you will be back to normal next season when you rebuild essentially midfield and center defence

We’re not going to sign Bellingham - it’s just something they’ve fed to the media, like Reus & Mbappe before him.

We need 3-4 players, Klopp today just said we can’t do that without knowing who’s on their way out today. And anyone on their way out has successfully destroyed their value compared to what it would be last season.

So I doubt we rebuild the midfield & defense next season.

FSG have done a lot of good for us, but they’ve also fucked our chance at having a long period of sustained success.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

We’re not going to sign Bellingham - it’s just something they’ve fed to the media, like Reus & Mbappe before him.

We need 3-4 players, Klopp today just said we can’t do that without knowing who’s on their way out today. And anyone on their way out has successfully destroyed their value compared to what it would be last season.

So I doubt we rebuild the midfield & defense next season.

FSG have done a lot of good for us, but they’ve also fucked our chance at having a long period of sustained success.

I would say that 3-4 players in the right positions is smart.  CM and CB the most likely

We quite literally need a complete new midfield. Players out out of contract in the summer and the ones staying aren’t going to get back to what they were. It’s an ageing squad and needs considerable reinforcements. I don’t believe that will happen in the summer, as it has never happened under FSG. We’ve heard rumours about big windows in the past, and none of them have ever been true. 

its pretty poor form to see thoughts of ditching Liverpool because of a rough season.   everyone wants to be successful, but if you can't handle failure then you support a team for the wrong reasons.   Liverpool are a storied football club but are not entitled to win.   

put on your big boy pants and take it.   this doom and gloom mentality is getting kind of old

1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

its pretty poor form to see thoughts of ditching Liverpool because of a rough season.   everyone wants to be successful, but if you can't handle failure then you support a team for the wrong reasons.   Liverpool are a storied football club but are not entitled to win.   

put on your big boy pants and take it.   this doom and gloom mentality is getting kind of old

The fuck you on about ditching Liverpool? That’s not been said by myself at any point in my life.

I’m allowed to say our team has been shit when it’s been shit. And it has been utter shit. Losing heavily to Brentford, Brighton and wolves in a short span of time is unacceptable. Conceding the five goals we did at home to Madrid is unacceptable. And you know what, if I had the thoughts of “oh well these players will come back” then it wouldn’t be AS bad. But I don’t believe that, I think a large number of our squad have given the most they can give and are on the downward trajectory of their career. 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

The fuck you on about ditching Liverpool? That’s not been said by myself at any point in my life.

I’m allowed to say our team has been shit when it’s been shit. And it has been utter shit. Losing heavily to Brentford, Brighton and wolves in a short span of time is unacceptable. Conceding the five goals we did at home to Madrid is unacceptable. And you know what, if I had the thoughts of “oh well these players will come back” then it wouldn’t be AS bad. But I don’t believe that, I think a large number of our squad have given the most they can give and are on the downward trajectory of their career. 

I bet you were saying this in 20/21 though and then last season happened. No one disagrees that Liverpool need a big summer but I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as you and some others are making out. Constantly whinging about it between now and May is just pointless as well 

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

I bet you were saying this in 20/21 though and then last season happened. No one disagrees that Liverpool need a big summer but I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as you and some others are making out. Constantly whinging about it between now and May is just pointless as well 

That season was due to a mass of injuries, this season is down to players being burned out. You make out as if refreshing a winning team is an alien concept. 

You’ll not get into specifics of the squad though, you never do. You probably still think Keita was a good signing. Total FSG apologist these days as well. Telling me it’s not as bad as it’s being made out, we gave up three goals to Brentford, Brighton & Wolves and five at home to Madrid. And that’s just this year. 

It has been a dramatic dip that I don't think anyone really expected. But, they can end up just 1 point off 4th at some stage. Despite Liverpool's form, 4th suddenly seems much more possible again.

When I look around 'the Big 6' & Newcastle, it feels quite easy to make a case that Liverpool need to do some clever business to make sure the dip does not become a new norm. Man City aren't going anywhere. Both Arsenal & Man United seem to be on the up. Something will eventually click at Chelsea. Spurs & for now Newcastle the most precarious perhaps. But I do remember a time Liverpool struggled for Top 4. And I think it is very fair to suggest finding themselves back in that territory is a very real concern... if you are of a mind that you don't want that.

3 hours ago, Rick said:

That season was due to a mass of injuries, this season is down to players being burned out. You make out as if refreshing a winning team is an alien concept. 

You’ll not get into specifics of the squad though, you never do. You probably still think Keita was a good signing. Total FSG apologist these days as well. Telling me it’s not as bad as it’s being made out, we gave up three goals to Brentford, Brighton & Wolves and five at home to Madrid. And that’s just this year. 

There's been a load of injuries this season too. 

Haha 'FSG apologist', straight out of the Twitter weirdos playbook. Fuck off. Is Klopp an 'FSG apologist'?

Obviously I'm not talking about the results when I say it's not as bad as you're making out. I'm talking about the state of the squad. Wholesale changes is what you think is needed. I don't. Get 2/3/4 signings right in the right positions and things look a lot better.

13 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

There's been a load of injuries this season too. 

Haha 'FSG apologist', straight out of the Twitter weirdos playbook. Fuck off. Is Klopp an 'FSG apologist'?

Obviously I'm not talking about the results when I say it's not as bad as you're making out. I'm talking about the state of the squad. Wholesale changes is what you think is needed. I don't. Get 2/3/4 signings right in the right positions and things look a lot better.

We been left with no senior centre backs? Or a full midfield missing? Or a full attack gone? No, we haven’t. This season has had its share of injuries but not crippling like that season. 

Haha I had to throw that in for the cheek of it 😂 In all seriousness, any time we have complained or raised questions on the lack of investment you are always quick to say something along the lines of “well the money isn’t being pocketed, it’s being spent on other things” which on the face of it, sounds reasonable. Paying off stadium costs, training complex payments ect. But what is ignored, is the fact that they’ve taken huge chunks of money to pay massive lump sums off the loans rather than paying them over a longer period. Makes no sense to take so much money away from the recruitment to do that. If they are going nowhere then why the rush? These past two windows we have needed a midfielder, and we’ve ended up with some bellend on loan. 

You’re saying 2/3/4 signings, but we are going to have two, possibly three players leave us for free in the summer. Keita, Ox and maybe Milner will move on. Possibly Bobby as well. That’s four right there, and then we have to look at another centre back which is as important as the midfield and then goalkeeper cover. The squad needs 6 or 7 signings, I’m not saying all top class obviously, but that’s the minimum needed to cover those leaving. I don’t believe that will happen.

9 minutes ago, Rick said:

We been left with no senior centre backs? Or a full midfield missing? Or a full attack gone? No, we haven’t. This season has had its share of injuries but not crippling like that season. 

Haha I had to throw that in for the cheek of it 😂 In all seriousness, any time we have complained or raised questions on the lack of investment you are always quick to say something along the lines of “well the money isn’t being pocketed, it’s being spent on other things” which on the face of it, sounds reasonable. Paying off stadium costs, training complex payments ect. But what is ignored, is the fact that they’ve taken huge chunks of money to pay massive lump sums off the loans rather than paying them over a longer period. Makes no sense to take so much money away from the recruitment to do that. If they are going nowhere then why the rush? These past two windows we have needed a midfielder, and we’ve ended up with some bellend on loan. 

You’re saying 2/3/4 signings, but we are going to have two, possibly three players leave us for free in the summer. Keita, Ox and maybe Milner will move on. Possibly Bobby as well. That’s four right there, and then we have to look at another centre back which is as important as the midfield and then goalkeeper cover. The squad needs 6 or 7 signings, I’m not saying all top class obviously, but that’s the minimum needed to cover those leaving. I don’t believe that will happen.

The injuries in attack have been just as bad. Salah the only constant in the team. Trying to integrate two new forwards into the team and missing three others. There was one point where Chamberlain was starting up top. 

I've already acknowledged previously the way they've paid off the loans could have been done differently. But there's obviously a reason for it. Hopefully it frees up more funds for the squad in the future.

I'm not sure you need to be replacing Chamberlain, for example, with a new signing. The emergence of Bajcetic means you don't have to go and spend on a squad player in midfield. I think 3 or 4 is about right. A couple of midfielders, CB, maybe an attacker. Obviously not sure what happens with Kelleher so might need one there too.

On 25/02/2023 at 01:18, OrangeKhrush said:

Nobody’s said anything about ditching them for being shite. I said I’d ditch the club if we sell out to be a tourism ad for gulf states like you, United and City.

• Subscriber
On 26/02/2023 at 00:20, LFCMike said:

The injuries in attack have been just as bad. Salah the only constant in the team. Trying to integrate two new forwards into the team and missing three others. There was one point where Chamberlain was starting up top. 

I've already acknowledged previously the way they've paid off the loans could have been done differently. But there's obviously a reason for it. Hopefully it frees up more funds for the squad in the future.

I'm not sure you need to be replacing Chamberlain, for example, with a new signing. The emergence of Bajcetic means you don't have to go and spend on a squad player in midfield. I think 3 or 4 is about right. A couple of midfielders, CB, maybe an attacker. Obviously not sure what happens with Kelleher so might need one there too.

My problem with this squad isn't the refreshing but they just look deflated. You'd normally be able to back them up to mount a comeback but everytime you see a team score they just lose all control of the game and even if they've been good up until that point it all regresses very quickly. I can't imagine its because of poor skill or any attribute because the same players can do the wonderful when they want its just about consistency. We'll have to wait to the summer to see what FSG have in store but I do think this squad needs refreshing in key areas just not a wholesale get rid kind of refresh. 

33 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I give it a couple weeks, then the novelty will fit like a glove.

Nah, this many gulf states in the league just makes it a fucking joke. Regular billionaires are already so far removed from the communities that make up what makes a football club special - it’s representation of those communities and fans. Having gulf states in charge of historic and popular football clubs just really makes a mockery of what football’s become.

At least if it happens, I’m fortunate enough to have seen my club win everything it can win before the gulf states bought the soul of the club to use the club’s hollowed out carcass for advertising.

12 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Nah, this many gulf states in the league just makes it a fucking joke. Regular billionaires are already so far removed from the communities that make up what makes a football club special - it’s representation of those communities and fans. Having gulf states in charge of historic and popular football clubs just really makes a mockery of what football’s become.

At least if it happens, I’m fortunate enough to have seen my club win everything it can win before the gulf states bought the soul of the club to use the club’s hollowed out carcass for advertising.

there are reasons to be sceptical though I think the biggest issue is rules that ensure the entrenched "big teams" are protected from smaller clubs breaking it up.  we sa2 with Leicester  how trying to sustain success was impossible due to "market size" limits which really is there to stop growth.

to grow, you need success, to be successful you need to win, to win you need better player, to get better players you need money.  

Archived