talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Put Up For Sale by FSG

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Spike said:

Make it happen, there HAS to be a movement of people pushing for this.

In this current climate, you would be lucky to find a significant number of people who could afford to put up any sort of money to buy shares. It just won’t happen in this country as it is, people can barely afford to hear their homes. It’s a travesty that football has evolved into this, all you can do realistically is hope the new lot aren’t completely awful human beings.

6 minutes ago, Rick said:

Nothing would make me happier than the club being fan owned.

Hertha Berlin's President (Chairman) is a former Ultra. While I don't like what they did with their "investor" in recent times, I thought that was a pretty neat thing. 

6 minutes ago, Rick said:

In this current climate, you would be lucky to find a significant number of people who could afford to put up any sort of money to buy shares. It just won’t happen in this country as it is, people can barely afford to hear their homes. It’s a travesty that football has evolved into this, all you can do realistically is hope the new lot aren’t completely awful human beings.

Nothing is permanent and just because the money can’t be laid out right now doesn’t mean the ideals and desire for change can’t be spread and held. What’s a travesty is a symbol for a community isolating and pricing out  those in the community it’s meant to represent. People can’t heat their homes but they expect hundreds of pounds for a ticket, or a jersey, or to even watch it on the tele.

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

How would Liverpool fans feel if the club was going to be owned by an oil magnate or state-funded like Newcastle/Man City? 

It's going to be owned by an absolute cunt who's values are the antithesis of the values of the city and the club, because you don't get to having over £3.5b (cos apparently that's the valuation - and anyone buying it I would assume would need to have a higher net worth than that, although we might get a Glazer style leveraged buyout) without being an absolute cunt that's got values that are the antithesis of the values of Liverpool (as a city) & LFC.

So it's pretty shit.

I think the best case scenario is if FSG truly aren't looking to completely sell and are looking to take on a new stakeholder who can help splash the cash. And even that isn't a great scenario.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Stan said:

How would Liverpool fans feel if the club was going to be owned by an oil magnate or state-funded like Newcastle/Man City? 

I don't know how I feel about this personally. It was always going to end up here imo because no single investor/owner was ever going to be able to keep up with the financial demands of competing in the current football climate and like I said earlier there are very few entities that can actually match the necessary funding required to make this happen and all of them fall into one of the two brackets you mention or some other variant.

FSG have put out a statement saying they are fully committed to the club, and are only open to the possibility of extra investment. I can live with this as long as the new shareholders have some money to spend. 

17 minutes ago, Rick said:

FSG have put out a statement saying they are fully committed to the club, and are only open to the possibility of extra investment. I can live with this as long as the new shareholders have some money to spend. 

Think they are trying to get a cash injection so you can compete with us for Jude as you cant currently spend a full transfer window budget on one player, probably why Klopp had a meltdown the other week saying he cant compete when he got the news that City have swooped in for Mr Bellingham ..lucky for us we have just recorded record profits 🤑

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Think they are trying to get a cash injection so you can compete with us for Jude as you cant currently spend a full transfer window budget on one player, probably why Klopp had a meltdown the other week saying he cant compete when he got the news that City have swooped in for Mr Bellingham ..lucky for us we have just recorded record profits 🤑

Even the best manager in the world can't compete with state owned clubs mate. 

I don't like this. It'll be a state takeover which I absolutely wouldn't want or risk someone worse than FSG. FSG have been far from perfect and made some pretty high profile PR mistakes but they have been much better than the Glazers, Hicks & Gillett and some other owners who have come over here in the last 20 years.

6 hours ago, Spike said:

‘Pep never took a challenge’ is consistently the stupidest thing I’ve read from football fans.

most things are envious or denialist.  watching the football terrace makes you realise how in denial many fans are and notably man United and spurs fans.

whether it is denial in accepting that Arsenal are good and at this point there is rejection of that based in things every club will have to contend with.   It spills over to Newcastle as well.

then you have Liverpool and man United crying hardest about having bad owners or no money yet both have the highest commercial revenue and pretty high expenditure especially man United and acting like Newcastle are going to outspend them anytime soon.

If man United had a proper recruitment team the last 15 years they may actually beat city and their wealth, Liverpool didn't anticipate players falling off so dramatically but it's not a money issue it is aging and regression issues that cannot be controlled, Liverpool had a settled but aging squad as do man city which will hurt them to when they need to replace players.

Archived