9. Liverpool
10. Manchester City
11. Milton Keynes Dons
12. Newcastle United
13. Nottingham Forest
14. Southampton
15. Wolverhampton Wanderers
16. Manchester United/Aston Villa

Its potluck now.   You want to see a draw like Mancity v Liverpool just to keep watering down the pool.  I think Brighton are looking very smart. 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Its potluck now.   You want to see a draw like Mancity v Liverpool just to keep watering down the pool.  I think Brighton are looking very smart. 

Agreed. I think the timing of the game is also quite important. Just after WC finishes, so plenty of senior players will be unavailable if they've been in the latter stages of the competition.

We'll be without Castagne, Tielemans, Faes & Maddison if Belgium & England make the final.

Both Man City & Liverpool will be without plenty of players if Brazil make the final.

Ideally, a home draw against a smaller club for us.

So us against 6, 8, 11 or 13 would be grand. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Agreed. I think the timing of the game is also quite important. Just after WC finishes, so plenty of senior players will be unavailable if they've been in the latter stages of the competition.

We'll be without Castagne, Tielemans, Faes & Maddison if Belgium & England make the final.

Both Man City & Liverpool will be without plenty of players if Brazil make the final.

Ideally, a home draw against a smaller club for us.

So us against 6, 8, 11 or 13 would be grand. 

I am excited because it is the first time in 15 years that we have a structure in place that actually wants to go for it,  sure we made a lot of changes last night but the team that went out was still good and we should have scored 2 or 3.    I would not turn my nose up to a league cup

44 minutes ago, Devil said:

City vs Liverpool, opens it up more for everyone that does.

Does it? We're going to play mostly kids who'll get slaughtered by City most likely xD

Basically gives City a free round, unless something absolutely hilarious happens.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Does it? We're going to play mostly kids who'll get slaughtered by City most likely xD

Basically gives City a free round, unless something absolutely hilarious happens.

The point being that it's one less massive club for a smaller club to beat, therefore increasing chances to progress... 

6 hours ago, Stan said:

The point being that it's one less massive club for a smaller club to beat, therefore increasing chances to progress... 

We’re going to play kids in most matches xD And we’re shit this season! We had to go to penalties vs Derby ffs - smaller clubs DO have a good chance as long as we’re in it

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

We’re going to play kids in most matches xD And we’re shit this season! We had to go to penalties vs Derby ffs - smaller clubs DO have a good chance as long as we’re in it

You don't get it.

You don't/won't play kids in the matches when you come up against the likes of Newcastle or Man Utd or ourselves and it gets to later on in the competition. 

Smaller clubs have a better chance if clubs like yours are out of it.

Still one of the most predictable things in football. Man United provide Villa an early exit from a cup. I'll have to bleakly total up how many over both cups in the 21st century 1 day when I have the time to. But it's lots. And then a few more than you would guess.

Weird how both sides played 'cup keepers' & almost strong sides, with just a few other names that would not be in a 100% league match.

It's potentially a key option for Man United to get a trophy & European football these days.

The ties are played on the 17th of December which will pose an interesting dilema for squad selection against Bournemouth.   Pope, Trippier, Wilson, Schar and BrunoG will returning from the world cup and depending on how far they go into the competition may need rest.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Reluctant Striker said:

Still one of the most predictable things in football. Man United provide Villa an early exit from a cup. I'll have to bleakly total up how many over both cups in the 21st century 1 day when I have the time to. But it's lots. And then a few more than you would guess.

Weird how both sides played 'cup keepers' & almost strong sides, with just a few other names that would not be in a 100% league match.

It's potentially a key option for Man United to get a trophy & European football these days.

I remember you used to meet in the FA Cup a lot. 

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

The ties are played on the 17th of December

Nope, probably 21/22nd Dec. 

The World Cup final is 18th Dec, so the selection issues will still happen depending on which clubs make the final. 

16 minutes ago, Stan said:

Nope, probably 21/22nd Dec. 

The World Cup final is 18th Dec, so the selection issues will still happen depending on which clubs make the final. 

I know its like two days after the final,  I think only Brazil or England can feasibly make the final of all the players we have at the world cup,  I also don't think Pope will play at all and Wilson will hardly play so they may be fit to go.   If Brazil go all the way then it will likely just be Bruno that misses that game.  

20 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't think we will. Those who don't go the World Cup or come home early will need the game time before the league starts again on Boxing Day.

On 11/11/2022 at 20:02, LFCMike said:

I don't think we will. Those who don't go the World Cup or come home early will need the game time before the league starts again on Boxing Day.

Perfect game for the likes of Diaz, Jota and Keita who've hardly featured due to injury and not at the World Cup to get game time. Firmino probably too.

Wouldn't surprise me if City start Haaland too. He'll need a run out.

On 11/11/2022 at 19:37, OrangeKhrush said:

I know its like two days after the final,  I think only Brazil or England can feasibly make the final of all the players we have at the world cup,  I also don't think Pope will play at all and Wilson will hardly play so they may be fit to go.   If Brazil go all the way then it will likely just be Bruno that misses that game.  

I don’t think they’d play against Bournemouth anyway, probably be on the bench then come on if needed like last week.

Priority has to be the Leicester game on Boxing Day.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived