• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Newcastle 1-0 Chelsea - Saturday 12th November, 2022

football forum

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got what we expected. 

Players only showed any fight during the final whistle. Personally hope in the next 5 weeks Potter finds the players he can trust (which are now at a minimum) and the players he can’t trust. 

Wish Boehly brought the American side of sports and simply terminate 90% of these players contracts. No emotional connection to any of them not named Silva or James. 

Brilliant result.

Didn't think we were that good first half but turned it up in the second. Eddie Howe has worked wonders with them. 

Can only hope that the six week break doesn’t hamper us too much now, built up some good momentum recently.

In regards to Chelsea, they've got the tell tale signs of a team whose problem is psychologically. Time is not a healer for something like that. It's rare for it to get anything other than worse. Even if it does get better it's a problem that can linger for years without overhaul.

1 hour ago, Honey Honey said:

In regards to Chelsea, they've got the tell tale signs of a team whose problem is psychologically. Time is not a healer for something like that. It's rare for it to get anything other than worse. Even if it does get better it's a problem that can linger for years without overhaul.

I said I thought their summer window was bad, Sturridge was okay but the rest were terrible signings and mostly Hollywood signings.

they need to give potter this and next season at very least to build but I'm not sure how with Todd as director  of football

The feeling amongst Brighton fans was that Tuchel was sacked to divert attention away from what was a poor transfer window. There's no doubt an element of sour grapes there but its hard to describe that transfer window as anything else.

I didn't think there was any truth to the story of Tuchel having to explain to data driven Todd about why Ronaldo would not score as many goals in the system Chelsea play but as time goes on you do wonder. Todd's a meme at this point. He's backed himself in a corner by talking about a 'long term succesor' as if he sacks Potter in the next year he's going to look foolish.

• The title was changed to Newcastle 1-0 Chelsea - Saturday 12th November, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned
  • Administrator
24 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Are-Saudia-Set-To-Replace-Fun88-As-Newcastle-Shirt-Sponsor-Everything-We-Know-So-Far.jpg

It hath begun,  going from small time fry to significant upgrades in commercial sponsorship.   It is still hard to believe how surreal the last 12-13 months have been. 

Guess it's okay because it's your own club doing it.

13 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

Newcastle seem there to stay, in the Top 7, at least.

Seems a real test now for Potter to keep Chelsea where they may expect to be, in the Top 4.

I think the challenge for potter is to get an identity and to get players that can buy into that identity.   The concern i have with it,  is that Todd Boehly is self appointed Fuhrer of CFC and while he is doing what he is doing,  they remind me of a Mike Ashley regime. 

On 13/11/2022 at 00:39, OrangeKhrush said:

they need to give potter this and next season at very least to build but I'm not sure how with Todd as director  of football

A lot of CFC fans already want Potter out, can't see that happening now and think he will be given funds to strengthen though with FFP can't see us spending much.

The 5 year deal he signed for me was crazy for the club adding to my fears that Boehly is out of his depth.

Cracking goal from Willock though slight fortune as Almiron seemed to lose the ball rather than pass it. 

Difficult time for us just now as injuries to key players restricting us and back ups not delivering, might turn into a long season. Still let's see what happens this transfer window.

2 hours ago, Waylander said:

A lot of CFC fans already want Potter out, can't see that happening now and think he will be given funds to strengthen though with FFP can't see us spending much.

The 5 year deal he signed for me was crazy for the club adding to my fears that Boehly is out of his depth.

Cracking goal from Willock though slight fortune as Almiron seemed to lose the ball rather than pass it. 

Difficult time for us just now as injuries to key players restricting us and back ups not delivering, might turn into a long season. Still let's see what happens this transfer window.

Potter will still be here even if we don't finish Top 4 according to Simon Phillips. Going to get a lot worse before it gets better. 

Players are poor but Potter needs to assert himself. The bare minimum after the WC is that we need to see some sort of idea in what he wants in his football, along with the players he trusts. 

4 hours ago, Waylander said:

Almiron did well to get into the position but did get put off,  however that is where Willock read it beautifully,  the goal side footage shows how he made a late run then sensed Almiron was losing out and called him off.   

We did have two great chances before that to put the game away,  Chabolah made a great last ditch block on Wood's effort and Longstaff maybe should have done better on that Almiron outside the foot cross,  the build up play deserved a goal. 

29 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Almiron did well to get into the position but did get put off,  however that is where Willock read it beautifully,  the goal side footage shows how he made a late run then sensed Almiron was losing out and called him off.   

We did have two great chances before that to put the game away,  Chabolah made a great last ditch block on Wood's effort and Longstaff maybe should have done better on that Almiron outside the foot cross,  the build up play deserved a goal. 

Almiron is showing some great recent form, I have been aware he can turn it on though this is the first time he has started to show consistency form what I have noticed. 

2 minutes ago, Waylander said:

Almiron is showing some great recent form, I have been aware he can turn it on though this is the first time he has started to show consistency form what I have noticed. 

He was good under Rafa,  who signed him and the trio of Perez, Rondon and Almiron was pivotal in a late season surge that saw us to safety and playing great football,  optimism was up and we thought Ashley would re-up Rafa and give him money.....we know how that ended.   After that he got Bruce'd. 

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Potter will still be here even if we don't finish Top 4 according to Simon Phillips. Going to get a lot worse before it gets better. 

Players are poor but Potter needs to assert himself. The bare minimum after the WC is that we need to see some sort of idea in what he wants in his football, along with the players he trusts. 

I would agree unless of course the crowd turn on him.

Archived