10/02/2022 - Wolves 0-1 Arsenal
02/02/2021 - Wolves 2-1 Arsenal

Recent Form
Wolves - WLDLL
Arsenal - LWWWL

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great away win for Arsenal this evening, especially after Man City lost to Brentford. Arsenal are seriously in with a chance of winning the title if they keep up these great performances. Odegaard was excellent against Wolves.

5 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

love watching the denial to accept that Arsenal may just win this and the melt down by the usual suspects who "expect" a fall off.

Top just beat bottom. And i do expect a fall off, but that doesn't necessarily mean they wont win the prem, however, given their history of letting it slip from this position, and given Manchester citys history of grinding out results late season with their depth, I still consider city favorites. 

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Top just beat bottom. And i do expect a fall off, but that doesn't necessarily mean they wont win the prem, however, given their history of letting it slip from this position, and given Manchester citys history of grinding out results late season with their depth, I still consider city favorites. 

that's fair, I'm most referring to the hardcore spurs, Chelsea and Man United fans or pundits like Jamie o hara that refuse to acknowledge they are contenders

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Blackburn finished second the season before they won it.

Still unexpected they'd win it. I was a tiny kid back then so don't remember any of it xD

But based on what people said when we won it, several would mention that it eclipsed Blackburn's achievement. 

If Arsenal are to win it, with the amount they've spent I can't see it as a 'major upset'. Add in to the fact the stature and size and facilities of the club too. 

Just now, Stan said:

Still unexpected they'd win it. I was a tiny kid back then so don't remember any of it xD

But based on what people said when we won it, several would mention that it eclipsed Blackburn's achievement. 

If Arsenal are to win it, with the amount they've spent I can't see it as a 'major upset'. Add in to the fact the stature and size and facilities of the club too. 

I don't remember it either but Blackburn were big spenders as well. Arsenal were coming from a much lower base than that. 20-odd points behind City last season. I definitely didn't have them down as title contenders this season.

• The title was changed to Wolves 0-2 Arsenal - Saturday 12th November, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived