talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brighton 1-2 Aston Villa - Sunday 13th November, 2022

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 14.00

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-Brighton_&_Hove_Albion_logo.svg.p      VS     1200px-Aston_Villa_FC_crest_(2016).svg.p

Last 3 Meetings
26/02/2022 - Brighton 0-2 Aston Villa
20/11/2021 - Aston Villa 2-0 Brighton
13/02/2021 - Brighton 0-0 Aston Villa

Recent Form
Brighton - WWWLD
Aston Villa - WLWLL

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a bad match up for Villa,  they are a physical relentless team that moves the ball directly and quickly.   As above,  Villa need to play with the same intensity they did against Man United,  getting anything from the Amex would be a fantastic result.  I have bet on Brighton,  but this will be a solid test for Emery against a team regarded as "equals" in the "on paper" test. 

Douglas Luiz & Boubacar Kamara start together, for the 1st time. Kamara in for Dendonker.

McGinn & Ramsey also both start, first time both together in league since Gerrard. But this time with the above 2 DM's. McGinn basically in for Bailey. Seems a highly cautious line up. Not expecting 2 or 3 Villa goals in the opening few minutes.

• The title was changed to Brighton 1-2 Aston Villa - Sunday 13th November, 2022

Delighted. Do not mind at all if we get a bit tedious away. I can enjoy a relaxing World Cup. And almost look forward to the Liverpool & Spurs tests..

Villarreal are actually set to play a friendly at Villa Park before the restart.

Can't find any news on why Watkins was not even on the bench. Hopefully nothing serious. But then him & Ings have been tripping over each others boot laces for the last few years. If they hadn't been in the same squad, either could easily have been off to Qatar.

• Administrator

Unsure how Brighton didn't get a penalty for the Digne foul on March. And it went to VAR xDxD. Shocker of a decision.

Can understand if the ref's view is blocked on the pitch, but for the VAR official to not see how blatant a foul it was is incredible. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Reluctant Striker said:

Delighted. Do not mind at all if we get a bit tedious away. I can enjoy a relaxing World Cup. And almost look forward to the Liverpool & Spurs tests..

Villarreal are actually set to play a friendly at Villa Park before the restart.

Can't find any news on why Watkins was not even on the bench. Hopefully nothing serious. But then him & Ings have been tripping over each others boot laces for the last few years. If they hadn't been in the same squad, either could easily have been off to Qatar.

Gastroenteritis apparently.

1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I will call it an upset,  but good for Villa it certainly shows that the league is very competitive. 

On long term form, yes, it is an upset. And everyone outside the Top 6 are likely questioning why they're not doing better. I don't think the current Wolves side would have been anywhere near bottom just a few years back. It seems the bar just keeps getting higher.

On potential, without the Newcastle away result, it's 3 highly encouraging performances/results now.

And all the obvious rumours Unai will get to go shopping in January.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived