talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 16 Fixtures - Saturday 12th November, 2022

football forum

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

I know it's only Social media.. but did you read social medial after he was sent off? 

Even people on here was saying he was a donkey (check the posts from a Newcastle fan) and I said he was going to be a proper player for us. 

I posted a JLA vlog where he showed how Nunez changes how Liverpool play and how it hasn't work at the time.   Beating Southampton at anfield shouldn't be that much of a challenge for the second best team in England

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Just finished my own match and seen we're already 2-0 down. Sack Lampard, keep Lampard, either way I wish we'd just hurry up and get relegated. Bang back in the mix now after the last few games. Back in that mindset now where there's enough else going on in life that I really just struggle to care that much about Everton because my whole life (apart from winning the FA Cup when I was 2) the most exciting it's been has been finishing 4th in 2005 and getting to the cup final once in 2009. This is the 14th season of boring dross since and that's what it is, boring.

I'm not arsed enough about it all at this point to either call for Lampard to go (although I don't see what that solves) or make a defence of him. I love the way he's bought into the club but 3 wins in 15 games isn't good enough.

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I posted a JLA vlog where he showed how Nunez changes how Liverpool play and how it hasn't work at the time.   Beating Southampton at anfield shouldn't be that much of a challenge for the second best team in England

You can only beat what's in front of you.

Think of what your argument would be if he didn't score against Southampton?

7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Just finished my own match and seen we're already 2-0 down. Sack Lampard, keep Lampard, either way I wish we'd just hurry up and get relegated. Bang back in the mix now after the last few games. Back in that mindset now where there's enough else going on in life that I really just struggle to care that much about Everton because my whole life (apart from winning the FA Cup when I was 2) the most exciting it's been has been finishing 4th in 2005 and getting to the cup final once in 2009. This is the 14th season of boring dross since and that's what it is, boring.

I'm not arsed enough about it all at this point to either call for Lampard to go (although I don't see what that solves) or make a defence of him. I love the way he's bought into the club but 3 wins in 15 games isn't good enough.

it's a no to Gerrard though

1 minute ago, Stan said:

You can only beat what's in front of you.

Think of what your argument would be if he didn't score against Southampton?

I have never said Nunez was a bad signing so it's irrelevant

• Administrator

That's bad from Everton.

The midweek game with 11 changes is the excuse there.

But today back to a stronger side and still getting convincingly beaten must be worrying.

• Administrator

Get in!!! Harvey Barnes once again. In great form as well.

Considering we'd made several subs, and most of them defensive, we've handled any West Ham pressure well and doubled the lead.

1 minute ago, 6666 said:

FFS.

You actually have to give Tottenham credit for continually coming back. Leeds will be kicking themselves.

I don't think Conte is all that tbh. He continues to rely on his players to win games late on.

I'd hate him at Liverpool. 

• Subscriber

A lot more confident today. Good command of the ball and even though there were spells where the defense showed its old form Alisson came up with the saves. 

Virgil also made some key tackles today and looked a bit like his old self. 

Chuffed for Bibby and Darwin. Both of them needed a little boost. Great win to go into the break.

Had Bournemouth, Forest, Liverpool, Sheff Utd, Bayern & Portsmouth in an acca….Portsmouth the cunts only managed a draw against Morcambe. Hope they fold. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The ship does win at the end though 

Oh wait it’s the iceberg vs the ship not the ship vs the people on it xD

New idea for a horror movie, cruise ship that is sentient and wants to kill passengers

Is this what your internal dialogue is like? xD

• Subscriber

Angry scenes in our away end. Can't blame the fans one bit. Some of those will have travelled down to Bournemouth on Tuesday night to watch a weakened side have the absolute piss taken out of them and then travelled down again today to see our "full strength" line up get twatted 3-0.

I feel sorry for the manager and players as well to some extent. These aren't the shithouses of the past, I think they're putting in an honest shift, they're just poor as a collective. But after what our fanbase was put through last season and more generally the perpetual failure to meet the fans' expectations for decades now, there just isn't any patience from that away end.

A lot of influential fans turning on Lampard on social media. I don't think the current predicament is a sackable offence just yet but in the circumstances, a six week break (thank fuck) ahead, shortly followed by a transfer window, you do wonder whether the temptation to twist might be greater because it would be a good time to get someone with new ideas in if that's what's needed.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived