• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group A - R1 - Qatar 0-2 Ecuador - Sunday 20th November, 2022

football forum

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Dan said:

Ecuador might pay later on for not properly turning the screw on these.

Thought it was a shocking second half from them. If you’ve got the opportunity to hand out a hammering in the opening game of a World Cup, you fucking take it. Qatar would have easily conceded 5 today with a bit of pressure on them, they were complete shite. 

Qatar as expected were absolutely dogshit, genuinely think they'd struggle to get out of the National League.

They won't score a goal this tournament and the only saving grace for them is that the Netherlands will probably already through when they meet as truly head to head, it'd be a thrashing.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Rick said:

Thought it was a shocking second half from them. If you’ve got the opportunity to hand out a hammering in the opening game of a World Cup, you fucking take it. Qatar would have easily conceded 5 today with a bit of pressure on them, they were complete shite. 

Russia did it in 2018. They deserve to crash on goal difference for that I think, they could've had 4+ if they'd gone for it.

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, Beelzebub said:

Good thing the game was clean, no dodgy calls, ref was quick to give out cards, no diving. Hopefully it stays that way.

Agreed, sadly I don't think it will.

There's bound to be some controversy.

• The title was changed to Group A - R1 - Qatar 0-2 Ecuador - Sunday 20th November, 2022
2 hours ago, Rick said:

Why are MOTD talking like it wasn’t a clear offside? Yes, it looked dodge to start with because there was no replay at the time, but it is the correct decision. 

The coverage from the BBC was pretty shit to be honest.

I only half paid any attention. A few distractions felt like available ones rather than unavoidable.

I did notice the BBC were really layering it up on Qatar's ethics. Introduction felt like a report from a war zone or state funeral rather than a celebratory opening ceremony. So stragglers getting the message. And thinking of it, I've not seen the usual England flags appearing in windows.

7 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

I only half paid any attention. A few distractions felt like available ones rather than unavoidable.

I did notice the BBC were really layering it up on Qatar's ethics. Introduction felt like a report from a war zone or state funeral rather than a celebratory opening ceremony. So stragglers getting the message. And thinking of it, I've not seen the usual England flags appearing in windows.

I saw two England flags in separate pubs in Margate today and its only now that ive realised theyre for the World Cup

2 hours ago, Danny said:

I saw two England flags in separate pubs in Margate today and its only now that ive realised theyre for the World Cup

I saw an Italy flag above one of the local restaurants and said they must have put it out for the world cup before I realised they didn't qualify :ph34r:

• The topic was unpinned

Archived