talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last Man Standing - World Cup 2022 Edition!

football forum

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Screen Shot 2022-12-07 at 10.15.49.png

All three survivors have successfully negotiated the first knockout round and progress to the Quarter Finals.

Fixtures are below:

Croatia vs Brazil

Argentina vs Netherlands

Morocco vs Portugal

England vs France

@Viva la FCB and @Machado have negotiated the tournament so far in optimal fashion, with three of their four picks to this point eliminated from the tournament. @Viva la FCB can choose any team apart from England this time around, and @Machado can pick anyone but Brazil.

@Dan isn't that far worse off, having used 2 of the remaining 8 sides - Netherlands and Argentina. He also knows that one of these two will be eliminated in the quarter finals, meaning that he will still have the choice of 2 of the 4 semi-finalists if he makes it that far.

As the Third Place Playoff will be included in the "Final" round, I believe this means that nobody can now be eliminated on account of having used every remaining team in the tournament to survive this far, so well played chaps! There remains a chance that any survivors going into the Final round will only have the choice of one remaining team, but they have to get there first!

Please get your Quarter Final picks in ASAP!

• Subscriber

It's a full massacre! @Viva la FCB @Dan @Machado

Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 14.57.10.png

To decide the destiny of the competition, we will now need to use a tie breaker in the Semi Final round with the following fixtures:

Argentina vs Croatia

Morocco vs France

You each need to choose:

1) A Match Winner - the condition of not using the same team twice still applies, but only affects @Dan, who can pick any team apart from Argentina. Free pick for @Viva la FCB and @Machado as all of their previous picks are out of the tournament.

2) An Anytime Goalscorer - this can come from either game.

3) The Time of First Goal in the randomly selected fixture, Argentina vs Croatia.

The usual Last Man Standing tie break rules apply.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Up to you but nothing stopping you from having France (or Morocco) as well - just checking this is clear!

While that is true that would mean I'm out by the final - if I pick France and they win I'm bust unless Croatia win too so I may as well just take Croatia.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dan said:

While that is true that would mean I'm out by the final - if I pick France and they win I'm bust unless Croatia win too so I may as well just take Croatia.

Ah this doesn't really apply anymore because everyone fucked it in the QFs so the SF round is the tie breaker but too late now the first game has started.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Ah this doesn't really apply anymore because everyone fucked it in the QFs so the SF round is the tie breaker but too late now the first game has started.

At least Croatia look like they're going through eh.

• Subscriber

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!

Screen Shot 2022-12-16 at 13.12.05.png

The Semi-Final tie breaker saw the World Cup Edition of Last Man Standing resolved at last.

@Dan was eliminated in the first stage of the tie breaker, backing Croatia to beat Argentina. @Viva la FCB and @Machado both went with France, whose victory set up a duel between the two for the crown. With neither Mbappe nor Giroud bagging a goal in the French victory over Morocco, it went down to the third phase of the tie breaker. With Messi's opening goal in the other semi final between Argentina and Croatia coming in the 34th minute, the old hand @Viva la FCB win's the competition with his Time of First Goal pick missing out by just 2 minutes!

Congratulations, @Viva la FCB and thanks to all for taking part!

• The topic was unpinned

Archived