talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ivan Toney Charged With Alleged Betting Infringements

15 hours ago, Honey Honey said:

He likely be banned from playing.

Joey Barton got an 18 month ban reduced on appeal to 13. But he bet on his own team to lose. 

Toney could still be looking at a few months out of the game. You can't have someone in that situation playing for England.

How many breaches was Barton? 232 sounds like an absolute shitload I wouldn’t be surprised if this is a very long ban.

8 hours ago, Stan said:

I reckon he's done for the season. 

Have to worry for Brentford if that's the case. He's scored 10 out of there 23 goals this season and it's 6 points between them and 18th in what looks like the most competitive season I've seen down the bottom since we got promoted nine seasons ago.

47 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Have to worry for Brentford if that's the case. He's scored 10 out of there 23 goals this season and it's 6 points between them and 18th in what looks like the most competitive season I've seen down the bottom since we got promoted nine seasons ago.

We’ll wait and see how long the ban will be and what the transfer window brings us. But I’m pretty sure we have a good record without him and the second half of the season will be a good time for Damsgaard and Lewis-Potter to make more of a statement, especially with an added position available in the forward lines.

10 hours ago, Stan said:

I reckon he's done for the season. 

There was 4 months between Barton being charged and him receiving his punishment. Can't remember if he was playing in between that time but maybe Brentford could get 2 or 3 more months out of him.

13 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I sort of think if you're stupid enough to place bets on football as a footballer, you should just be banned for life because you're probably too stupid to be making millions.

there needs to be better education for young players especially management of affairs.  it's a short career and blowing money is not good future planning.   Toney is probably barely a millionaire

• 1 month later...