• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group B - R1 - USA 1-1 Wales - Monday 21st November, 2022

football forum

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Tough one to start. Need to win this if we're to stand a chance of getting out of the group. 

Personally hope Johnson starts over James, though I can see Page starting James regardless.

I don't  think you have to win. If you loose it will be hard but a draw would be ok 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Tough one to start. Need to win this if we're to stand a chance of getting out of the group. 

Personally hope Johnson starts over James, though I can see Page starting James regardless.

Ward to start? 

11 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

I don't  think you have to win. If you loose it will be hard but a draw would be ok 

Perhaps, though I'd rather not have it go down to the England game really.

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

Ward to start? 

Page has a habit of sticking to 'tried and tested' players, so wouldn't be surprised to see Hennessey starting.

Just now, Coma said:

Both sides getting thrashed 😆.

I think I've got to hope for England to trash both of them when they play England - both as an England fan but also as someone who wouldn't mind seeing Iran out of the group stages for the first time in history.

Weird time for Iran's team though - because most of the country is hoping Iran's dumped out ASAP as it'll stop being a distraction from the civil unrest.

Just now, Lucas said:

No Brendan Aaronson starting is a shame. I don't know a lot about the USA team but I'd have thought he should be starting.

We always play defense first in big tournaments.  That midfield is all 6's and 8's.  I'm sure he'll be the first one off the bench if we go a goal down though.

2 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I dunno. I think you could get something against us tbh.

I think on paper we have the better squad but you have the lightning rod in Bale.  No US coach has ever tried to play expansive football and it's a shame because the majority of these players play in Europe and should be used to that setup.  Instead we'll play shit MLS ball and try to defend and play on the counter.

9 minutes ago, Coma said:

We always play defense first in big tournaments.  That midfield is all 6's and 8's.  I'm sure he'll be the first one off the bench if we go a goal down though.

Hell of a player to come off the bench v tired legs to be fair. Hope Tyler Adams has a good game.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Fucking hell, that was too close then. We're second best all over at present. Need to get a foothold into this.

James has to be targeted Dest now surely.

• The title was changed to Group B - R1 - USA 1-0 Wales - Monday 21st November, 2022
  • The title was changed to Group B - R1 - USA 1-1 Wales - Monday 21st November, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived