talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Suggestion

football forum

So, I talked to Stan about this, but he wasn't budging (not a pop at you mate) want to see how everyone else feels.

I feel with all the sub sections in the international competitions forum, we should have one for the national team discussions as that is one that probably will work. We could trial it. We'll have an active USA, Peru, Spain, Germany, Australia, Mexico and England national team discussions for sure.

Wouldn't be bad in my opinion.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Too many sub forums spoils the broth. When I go to my quiz threads I have to click 3-4 links to get there, it can be a pain but it's actually necessary to open a sub forum for that.

I don't think it's worth opening a new sub forum for this as it will only have half a dozen threads in there, some of which don't get much action, and then you could argue doing the same in the Premier League and La Liga sections. 

Not a horrific idea but if it ain't broke don't fix it. 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

So, I talked to Stan about this, but he wasn't budging (not a pop at you mate) want to see how everyone else feels.

I feel with all the sub sections in the international competitions forum, we should have one for the national team discussions as that is one that probably will work. We could trial it. We'll have an active USA, Peru, Spain, Germany, Australia, Mexico and England national team discussions for sure.

Wouldn't be bad in my opinion.

pretty sure it'll only be you speaking in the Peru discussion and Teso in the Mexico discussion. Or both of you in either section trying to get bites out of each other xD 

Agree with what Rando said as well. There's already a lot of sub-forums. We could pin them but that's as far as I would go right now. 

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Too many sub forums spoils the broth. When I go to my quiz threads I have to click 3-4 links to get there, it can be a pain but it's actually necessary to open a sub forum for that.

I don't think it's worth opening a new sub forum for this as it will only have half a dozen threads in there, some of which don't get much action, and then you could argue doing the same in the Premier League and La Liga sections. 

Not a horrific idea but if it ain't broke don't fix it. 

I actually think we should also have a club thread subforum in the Prem section if this is to go along with it. I just think its good to have these threads organized. I could argue that pinning too many topics could make it look ugly.

Its not a necessity though. Its a suggestion, but I won't burst a blood vain if its not added.

Just now, Stan said:

pretty sure it'll only be you speaking in the Peru section and Teso in the Mexico section. Or both of you in either section trying to get bites out of each other xD 

Agree with what Rando said as well. There's already a lot of sub-forums. We could pin them but that's as far as I would go right now. 

I couldn't care less about running rings around that spacker unless he looks for it or if I see an opportunity to join others in the abuse. That's when its fun.

I'll be the only one speaking in the Peru section, I'll give you that. I can see others ocassionally joining in Mexico though.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I couldn't care less about running rings around that spacker unless he looks for it or if I see an opportunity to join others in the abuse. That's when its fun.

I'll be the only one speaking in the Peru section, I'll give you that. I can see others ocassionally joining in Mexico though.

and you wonder why he gets at you

Image result for facepalm gif

Just now, Stan said:

and you wonder why he gets at you

Image result for facepalm gif

Mate, I could stop and he'd still look for bites. He will never get over the time I said Peru was better than Mexico.

You're not exactly wrong but I enjoy taking the piss as his stupidity is beyond anything I've ever seen. 

As for the section itself, its just an attempt to keep things organized. Its up to you and the other staff in the end, but its a suggestion that wouldn't be bad to consider. lets see what the others think.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Mate, I could stop and he'd still look for bites. He will never get over the time I said Peru was better than Mexico.

You're not exactly wrong but I enjoy taking the piss as his stupidity is beyond anything I've ever seen. 

As for the section itself, its just an attempt to keep things organized. Its up to you and the other staff in the end, but its a suggestion that wouldn't be bad to consider. lets see what the others think.

Please do.

• 3 years later...

Hello Staff

Just wondering, as the transfer window is now active, would it be worth moving the Transfer Rumours section up to the top of the board?

I completely didn't notice it till i scrolled right to the bottom and I should imagine it will start to become one of the busiest parts of the forum for the next few weeks. 

If not, no worries, just a thought.

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Hello Staff

Just wondering, as the transfer window is now active, would it be worth moving the Transfer Rumours section up to the top of the board?

I completely didn't notice it till i scrolled right to the bottom and I should imagine it will start to become one of the busiest parts of the forum for the next few weeks. 

As if by magic... :D 

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, Lucas said:

Hello Staff

Really, it was already at the top of the board...:D

download.thumb.png.e4e8c34602d428a623160a89b8eba197.png

9_9

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Very odd where it was before. Made no sense!!

Throughout the season when the transfer window was closed it didn't need to be at the top.

Archived