talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group C - R1 - Argentina 1-2 Saudi Arabia - Tuesday 22nd November, 2022

football forum

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm kind of confused about this game...on the 1 hand, I want Messi to do well because I know it's good for football. On the other hand...I know the more elite teams that struggle, the more my team's chances increase. 

Hopefully just an entertaining match where the team that fights the hardest wins...

Id be shocked if none of the Arab teams made it out of the group though...1-1 draw?

• The title was changed to Group C - R1 - Argentina 1-0 Saudi Arabia - Tuesday 22nd November, 2022
Just now, Pyfish said:

Exactly the same situation as Maguire's yesterday. There's no consistency whatsoever is there!

The ‘challenge’ on Maguire was far worse imho. But you know, that’s just me feeling sorry for a team that don’t I don’t actually care for all that much…….

• The title was changed to Group C - R1 - Argentina 2-0 Saudi Arabia - Tuesday 22nd November, 2022
  • The title was changed to Group C - R1 - Argentina 1-0 Saudi Arabia - Tuesday 22nd November, 2022
  • Administrator

Not sure if Saudi Arabia are nailing this offside trap or Argentina are bad at the timing of their passes/runs through.

Maybe a combination of both.

Risky from Saudi Arabia nonetheless.

51 minutes ago, Beelzebub said:

Not a penalty for me. Probably the Saudi defender watched Maguire last night lol

This Saudi team looks ok

Well, it looked a little harsh, but I think we are learning at this World Cup that you can't have much holding going on in the penalty area. But you can always bet on Messi to put the penalty away. To be fair, this is the best performance from the Asian sides so far. Judging by that 1st half, Saudi Arabia's offside trap would do George Graham's Arsenal of the 80's and 90's proud. The Saudis held their own in that first half, having their fair share of possession, but Messi and Martinez upfront, look deadly and hungry as ever. They will come out in the 2nd half desperately wanting to try and get that 2nd to secure victory.

• The title was changed to Group C - R1 - Argentina 1-2 Saudi Arabia - Tuesday 22nd November, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived