The better place to talk football.

Group C - R1 - Mexico 0-0 Poland - Tuesday 22nd November, 2022

football forum

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
7 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Unless someone has a moment of brilliance we're heading to yet another draw.

I'm glad it'll finish so I don't have to listen to Martin Keown any more. Every cloud, and all that... 

Well that's it for me. I've watched 3 games..I think France take care of business but Australia always play tough as an out. 4 games per day is a bit much though...and Argentina and France both losing on the same day isn't going to happen against Saudi Arabia and the Ausis...

This World Cup is going to wreck my sleep schedule lol

Plus I need to sleep..

Game deserved a draw

I saw a bit of each game and lot of some.

Not surprised about Argentina losing though of course against the odds. Messi was crowded out. 

Tunisia surprised me against the Danes and that group could be interesting.

France took a while to overcome Australia and then they made it look easy, credit to the Socceroos for having a go.

France look the strongest to date yet need to see the Germans, Italians, Spanish and Brazilians before coming to any conclusions.

So far so good.  

2 minutes ago, Waylander said:

I saw a bit of each game and lot of some.

Not surprised about Argentina losing though of course against the odds. Messi was crowded out. 

Tunisia surprised me against the Danes and that group could be interesting.

France took a while to overcome Australia and then they made it look easy, credit to the Socceroos for having a go.

France look the strongest to date yet need to see the Germans, Italians, Spanish and Brazilians before coming to any conclusions.

So far so good.  

Italy didn't qualify. I think England and France had the strongest performances so far 

Well, this match finished 0-0 as well, following the Denmark v Tunesia 0-0 draw. Mexico had a few half chances early on, but their first real scoring opportunity came when Vega met Lozano's cross with a floating header towards the far post, but it went narrowly past the post. Mexico right-back Jorge Sanchez also had a shot from an acute angle the right wing saved by Polish keeper Szczesny.

Poland though had the best opportunity of the match to score, when Lewandowski won a penalty for Poland. Lewandowski himself, decided to take the penalty, but his shot was excellently saved by the Mexican keeper Ochoa. Both sides will probably be satisfied with the draw though and happy that they avoided defeat.

• The title was changed to Group C - R1 - Mexico 0-0 Poland - Tuesday 22nd November, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived