• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group D - R1 - France 4-1 Australia - Tuesday 22nd November, 2022

football forum

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, 6666 said:

France's injury issues continue. Benzema now out for this game.

Yeah, that's a blow for the French, he's been excellent in recent years. I hope that the French call up Moussa Diaby to replace Benzema. Diaby is absolutely world class when he is on form.

I wouldn't be surprised if Denmark topped this group as holders don't tend to do well. I think France will get out the group though. This means that England could play Denmark in the quarter final. If England were to beat them and get to the semis you'd have to give southgate some credit. Most wont though 

A warm up for the world cup final! Will be getting up at 3 to watch this. Martin Boyle out of the WC for the Aussies is a blow due to his actual desire to make something happen, despite this I am still going for a very comfortable 2-0...loss.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Toinho said:

A warm up for the world cup final! Will be getting up at 3 to watch this. Martin Boyle out of the WC for the Aussies is a blow due to his actual desire to make something happen, despite this I am still going for a very comfortable 2-0...loss.

Tilio in though which I'm happy about.

Good luck tonight! 

France have had so many injuries to some of their great players, but such is their strength in depth, I think they should still do well at the World Cup. But I just don't get why the hell Giroud is chosen up-front for them, when they have so many strikers that are better than him, even without the injured players(likes of Benzema, Nkunku etc.).

Even though I think France have been good, we are miles away from a competitive World Cup side. Been found out particularly in the full back positions but almost any defender isolated against Mbappe or Dembele would struggle. 

• The title was changed to Group D - R1 - France 4-1 Australia - Tuesday 22nd November, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived