• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group D - R1 - France 4-1 Australia - Tuesday 22nd November, 2022

football forum

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

@Spike @Toinho What are the media and fan expectations in Australia? Obviously Australia are a very good sporting country. Are the expectations realistic or do they expect more than is likely?

Generally expectations are a little high but not too bad. Not since 2010 anyways.

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

17 players homie one of them was bound to get injured. 

Yeah I suppose you're right but its already quite grim man. Sane wont play against Japan (hopefully nothing more serious), Hernandez now..Mane didnt even make it and ended up with surgery. Davies isnt fully fit and hopefully thats not god damn rushed... but I know it is.....argh.

Australia had a great start to this match, and it looked like there might be another upset on the cards after the Saudi result, but it wasn't to be. The Aussies took the lead in this game after great work by Leckie down the right flank, he beat his man and then delivered a lovely cross that found Goodwin at the far post, and Goodwin smashed the ball into the roof of the net to score. Moments later, Duke had a powerful long range shot that whizzed narrowly past the French post. 

But it was virtually all France after that. Rabiot equalised for France with a header from Hernandez's cross. Rabiot then turned provider as he pulled tha ball back for Giroud in the penalty area, and Giroud duly slotted the ball home and into the net to give France the lead. After that, Griezmann had a shot from outside the area go wide of the Aussie post. Griezmann then crossed the ball for Mbappe, but Mbappe's shot flew over the crossbar, when he really should have scored. Irvine had a header for Australia hit the French post, but a little time later, Giroud had an excellent scissor kick go just wide of the Australian goal. Griezmann also had a goal bound shot, cleared off of the goal line by Australian defender Behich. Mbappe scored France's 3rd goal, with a close-range header from Dembele's cross. Mbappe then crossed for Giroud to score with a header and notch France's 4th goal.

In the end it was a very convincing win for France, as they showed that despite all their injuries, they still have a very formidable team. The blow for the French in this game though, was that Lucas Hernandez picked up an injury and is now out of the World Cup.

4 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

@Spike @Toinho What are the media and fan expectations in Australia? Obviously Australia are a very good sporting country. Are the expectations realistic or do they expect more than is likely?

Tbh I haven't seen much at all. Generally very little expectation from the media that actually know about the sport. This is our worst squad in a long time. I am genuinely excited by a couple of youngsters though - mainly Garang Kuol.

1 hour ago, Michael said:

Australia had a great start to this match, and it looked like there might be another upset on the cards after the Saudi result, but it wasn't to be. The Aussies took the lead in this game after great work by Leckie down the right flank, he beat his man and then delivered a lovely cross that found Goodwin at the far post, and Goodwin smashed the ball into the roof of the net to score. Moments later, Duke had a powerful long range shot that whizzed narrowly past the French post. 

But it was virtually all France after that. Rabiot equalised for France with a header from Hernandez's cross. Rabiot then turned provider as he pulled tha ball back for Giroud in the penalty area, and Giroud duly slotted the ball home and into the net to give France the lead. After that, Griezmann had a shot from outside the area go wide of the Aussie post. Griezmann then crossed the ball for Mbappe, but Mbappe's shot flew over the crossbar, when he really should have scored. McGree had a header for Australia hit the French post, but a little time later, Giroud had an excellent scissor kick go just wide of the Australian goal. Griezmann also had a goal bound shot, cleared off of the goal line by Australian defender Behich. Mbappe scored France's 3rd goal, with a close-range header from Dembele's cross. Mbappe then crossed for Giroud to score with a header and notch France's 4th goal.

In the end it was a very convincing win for France, as they showed that despite all their injuries, they still have a very formidable team. The blow for the French in this game though, was that Lucas Hernandez picked up an injury and is now out of the World Cup.

Irvine header not Mcgree. But decent assessment.

4 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Tbh I haven't seen much at all. Generally very little expectation from the media that actually know about the sport. This is our worst squad in a long time. I am genuinely excited by a couple of youngsters though - mainly Garang Kuol.

See this is where I disagree. It's always the ex players Bosnich, Foster and fuckwits like that who want us to knock off teams like france and play 'the australian way' ect. 
It's more the 'general' sports media who look at the players and rankings and go 'well good on us for being here'. 

Bosnich legitimately said in his post match that "If you offered us to be 2-1 down to france at half time after scoring first not a single Aussie would have accepted that" 
You're playing the fucking world champs with A-League players you coke head goose stepping cunt. 

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

See this is where I disagree. It's always the ex players Bosnich, Foster and fuckwits like that who want us to knock off teams like france and play 'the australian way' ect. 
It's more the 'general' sports media who look at the players and rankings and go 'well good on us for being here'. 

Bosnich legitimately said in his post match that "If you offered us to be 2-1 down to france at half time after scoring first not a single Aussie would have accepted that" 
You're playing the fucking world champs with A-League players you coke head goose stepping cunt. 

I heard his comment differently mate, although it was 3:50am, I thought he said 'not a single wouldn't have accepted that'. Which, admittedly, makes almost less sense than what you typed!

2 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Come on mate, every single ex-player in every country overrates the team. You don’t even know the pain of listening to Alexi Lalas and Stu Holden speak of the USA like they are tournament favourites. On telemundo today the Mexican pundits were losing their shit because they didn’t beat Poland.

45 minutes ago, Spike said:

Come on mate, every single ex-player in every country overrates the team. You don’t even know the pain of listening to Alexi Lalas and Stu Holden speak of the USA like they are tournament favourites. On telemundo today the Mexican pundits were losing their shit because they didn’t beat Poland.

In 2010 Craig Foster wanted the coach sacked after the first game of the WC because Australia lost to Germany. Fucking Germany. 

10 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

In 2010 Craig Foster wanted the coach sacked after the first game of the WC because Australia lost to Germany. Fucking Germany. 

Anybody would be upset after watching Germany play.

• The title was changed to Group D - R1 - France 4-1 Australia - Tuesday 22nd November, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived