• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2022 - Abu Dhabi GP - 18-20th November 2022

football forum

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

some hot topics in farewells.   Latifi is self explanatory as he hasn't done anything and was given a long enough chance.   Ricciardo will be a sad absence but like Latifi it is two seasons of abject performances which in a cut throat world of bleeding edge performance he hasn't helped himself.

Schumacher is the hash done by one here and I hope he gets a shot sometime in the future to be the see if he can live up to the name.

Seb is a love hate thing, I think he is a pretentious person off the track but his career on it was stellar sadly he has gone out on a whimper, I just think he stopped loving the sport, he looks like someone desperate to move on.   his torro rosso win at Mona was an iconic moment

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Very dangerous slow driving by several cars there. Was it Perez or Max pretty much parking in the middle of the track?

Not sure who it was, but that was very dangerous indeed. He just parked in the middle of the track. Surely that's a penalty. 

On 18/11/2022 at 10:00, Stan said:

Vettel is pretentious off the track? Isn't he known as one of the nicest guys off it?! 

What is pretentious about him? 

he may well be nice but he does a lot of say but no do type things to pump his popularity.   

sadly his racing career has been on the wane since 2014, Ricciardo broke him and he never was the same again.   he looks like someone that doesn't want to be there.

maybe he pulls an Alonso and comes back after a couple years out.

8 hours ago, Stan said:

In what way? 

Being vocal about German politics while living in Switzerland to avoid taxes.

In any case, he was/is a great driver and I'm glad he got into the points on his last showing. For the past 2 years he didn't get a car of the calibre that he deserves, so I think it was the right moment to move on to bigger things.

Very happy that Seb finished in the points, even though Aston Martin severely screwed him strategy wise. 

42 minutes ago, Panflute said:

Being vocal about German politics while living in Switzerland to avoid taxes.

He's not even that vocal about German politics in particular.

https://sport.sky.de/formel1/artikel/formel-1-toto-wolff-ueber-den-steiner-umgang-mit-mick-schumacher/12751886/34341

Toto Wolff on Günther Steiner's treatment of Mick:

"Günther is Günther. He will never speak differently, and that's his manager style. He comes from the mountains, the air is thinner there, and it's difficult to think clearly." xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived