talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coventry City Evicted from Ricoh Arena

football forum

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can see why Mike Ashley would be interested in the Ricoh Arena. Its a great multi functional venue that was ahead of its time.

It's vital for Coventry that they can buy the stadium back though. Our administrations were effectively caused by not owning Selhurst Park and paying a rent that became unsustainable. The EFL should have done a lot more to prevent clubs such as Derby, Wednesday etc selling there grounds to there owners who were effectively gambling on promotion and did not have the clubs long term sustainability interests at heart.

5 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

Local businessman to acquire the club and have submitted a bid to acquire the stadium (formerly known as the Ricoh Arena). Which somehow is owned by Mike Ashley...

Good to finally see some stability at Coventry.  I read an article recently and I didn't realize that Mark Robins has been their coach for ~5 seasons if I recall correctly.  They were one of the first clubs I followed when I got into football 20+ years ago.

• The title was changed to Coventry City Evicted from Ricoh Arena Following Takeover
  • The title was changed to Coventry City Evicted from Ricoh Arena

Archived