talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group E - R1 - Spain 7-0 Costa Rica - Wednesday 23rd November, 2022

football forum

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Group E - R1 - Spain 1-0 Costa Rica - Wednesday 23rd November, 2022
4 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

Not really sure how Costa Rica are regarded right now, but this must be up there with France & England's opening performances.

I'll admit, I really did think Spain may struggle.

I think its probably been the best 1st half personally. I think the pundits are being a bit harsh on Costa Rica. They really don't have the players to play against Spain 

• The title was changed to Group E - R1 - Spain 4-0 Costa Rica - Wednesday 23rd November, 2022
  • The title was changed to Group E - R1 - Spain 5-0 Costa Rica - Wednesday 23rd November, 2022
  • The title was changed to Group E - R1 - Spain 6-0 Costa Rica - Wednesday 23rd November, 2022
  • The title was changed to Group E - R1 - Spain 7-0 Costa Rica - Wednesday 23rd November, 2022

People will gush over Spain's performance which has been good, but Costa Rica have been absolute dross.

19% of the ball, not a single attempt on goal and hardly managed to make successive passes.

They haven't even made it difficult in any way, shape or form. Even if they gave it a go at 3-0 down but they just haven't been interested.

That's as easy a start you could wish to have. I reckon even Germany might get a result against them.

28 minutes ago, Lucas said:

People will gush over Spain's performance which has been good, but Costa Rica have been absolute dross.

19% of the ball, not a single attempt on goal and hardly managed to make successive passes.

They haven't even made it difficult in any way, shape or form. Even if they gave it a go at 3-0 down but they just haven't been interested.

That's as easy a start you could wish to have. I reckon even Germany might get a result against them.

Costa Rica were fucking shite.

• Subscriber

The same people that play down Costa Rica to make out like they were not that good are the same people who make out like Iran are world beaters after England's win, hypocrits.

No surprise to see Gavi and Pedri dominating a 7-0 game, best 2 young midfielders in the world. Unreal talents.

• Administrator
45 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

The same people that play down Costa Rica to make out like they were not that good are the same people who make out like Iran are world beaters after England's win, hypocrits.

No surprise to see Gavi and Pedri dominating a 7-0 game, best 2 young midfielders in the world. Unreal talents.

No one made out Iran are world beaters xD

Both sides (England and Spain) can only beat what's in front of them and both did it in lots of style. 

1 hour ago, JoshBRFC said:

Lol I like Iran more than most on here and even I predicted this world cup would be a fucking disaster for them... and that was before the country was engulfed in civil unrest xD

Both Iran and Costa Rica played poorly and ended up getting swept aside by opposition that is much better than them. Don't worry I'm sure casuals in Spain are being just as irritating as casuals were in England.

Idk how anyone can get upset at fans of either country getting a bit carried away by their side destroying a side they were expected to beat. They've certainly got more to be happy about than fans of Germany, or especially Argentina.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived