• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group F - R1 - Morocco 0-0 Croatia - Wednesday 23rd November, 2022

football forum

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Pretty sure I just heard We Will Rock You on in the background at half-time in the stadium. 

Maybe the stadium DJ doesn't realise who the lead singer of Queen was and what he stood for xD 

I guess a draw it is. Another goalless draw.. which is ok for both sides, but will not be ok in just two more games. World Cup is win now football. Croatia might be going home early it seems. Getting points off the former world cup finalist is always a win.

• The title was changed to Group F - R1 - Morocco 0-0 Croatia - Wednesday 23rd November, 2022
12 minutes ago, Waylander said:

Caught the last 20 mins, Morrocco looked well organised.

Croatia seemed off the pace though think they generally start slowly and improve. The question for them is whether their older players can still deliver. 

This is just it, Modric unfortunately is not the player he was, he's still got the talent, but no longer has the same energy levels. Perisic seems to never age to be fair and can always be a threat. But overall, I'd be surprised if this Croatian team reached the quarter finals if I am honest.

22 minutes ago, klosefan2 said:

Game was interesting, but expected more from Croatia to be honest.

Well, I definitely don't think they are as good as the Croatia team that reached the final of the 2018 World Cup. But they really should have scored with Vlasic's chance today. Morocco were well organised and are tough opposition, but you'd still expect the bigger teams to get a win against them, even if it is a narrow one.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

I've underestimated Morocco. I didn't realise they had so many players in the top European leagues. They've got a good chance of 2nd, perhaps.

Morocco and Algeria at different times always seem to have decent squads that they can pick up from France

• The topic was unpinned

Archived