• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Koeman Confirms Sigurdsson Signing

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, HK85 said:

He's not even that good. 

He's good, he's better than Barkley... at least in my books. Idk if he's £40-50m pounds good, but it's not your money & the market has gone mental and everyone knows you just got the Lukaku cash to splash, so I don't think there's much wrong with this potential signing.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He's good, he's better than Barkley... at least in my books. Idk if he's £40-50m pounds good, but it's not your money & the market has gone mental and everyone knows you just got the Lukaku cash to splash, so I don't think there's much wrong with this potential signing.

No issue from me on the price, said before on here that it doesn't come out of my pocket so not bothered. 

I'd personally rather stick with Barkley but I ain't the boss. 

• Subscriber

Still adamantly against us spending £50m on Sigurdsson when we could just keep Barkley and invest that money in another couple of defenders and maybe a marquee striker signing but if we do go ahead and pay it, it's not my money so I'll be happy with the signing, but it will confirm that we're on our way to becoming one of those clubs that will prioritise signing who we want to sign and not necessarily which deal represents the best value for money. Mixed feelings.

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Still adamantly against us spending £50m on Sigurdsson when we could just keep Barkley and invest that money in another couple of defenders and maybe a marquee striker signing but if we do go ahead and pay it, it's not my money so I'll be happy with the signing, but it will confirm that we're on our way to becoming one of those clubs that will prioritise signing who we want to sign and not necessarily which deal represents the best value for money. Mixed feelings.

I've waited my whole life for this.

• Subscriber

Value for money lets you strengthen elsewhere though. We've actually offered more for Sigurdsson but I get the impression we were never truly in the race as it doesn't represent a big enough step up, whereas Everton does.

Bullet dodged I'd say. He's a good player but he's not getting any younger. I can't work out where on earth Everton are going to play all of these.

• Subscriber

Will repeat this to the bitter end - we could buy from overseas a player of Sigurdsson's ability and a youngster with similar potential for comfortably less money than we'll end up paying for Sigurdsson alone. And let's not forget this is a man who got his step up the ladder to Spurs already and then ended up back at Swansea...

Very good player, but not worth 50m under any circumstances.

He's probably worth more than £50 million to Swansea considering he was one of the main reasons they stayed up last season and continue to get Premier League money. 

Statistically he probably is worth that in this market. Second most goals involved for a midfielder in the last three seasons, one behind Eriksen and if you break that down it's second highest goalscorer for midfielder, 5th highest in assists. 

Pay the money. 

You could easily get someone as good for 20 million. The only thing that distinguishes Sigurdsson is PL experience. 

English clubs these days would rather pay twice as much for a player than do the scouting and the leg work to bring a player in from a smaller league. 

Don't see how he fits in to your starting eleven, needs freedom to play as an attacking mid.

£50m seems excessive, I realise it's the market now but Morata and Lukaku have just gone for around £70m more...would say there's more than £20m difference between them.

• The title was changed to Koeman Confirms Sigurdsson Signing

Archived