talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Koeman Confirms Sigurdsson Signing

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is one of the slowest moving transfer sagas of this silly season. The move has been on the cards for months now - where Everton (on paper) and Swans (financially) would both pretty much benefit. Yet somehow it's not progressed and now stalling. On the one hand, it could be a tactic from Everton to get the fucking move sped up. On the other hand, Everton might be tired of haggling when they're already offering a lot of fucking money for the player.

The market is ridiculous now, but I think Everton will find they can probably make a signing from abroad that on paper is just as good and save money in the process. With the season so close, I think it's reasonable they might end this interest and look for alternatives.

It's something I'm a bit surprised with a bit, maybe it's because of all the money in the league right now - but teams seem very reluctant to go for players other than their top targets.

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Not on Swansea if that story is true. Says £45 million was verbally agreed then we decided to go back on that. Dirty tactics from us. 

Yeah though someone else said 35m was verbally agreed earlier in the summer and they went back on that so hey ho. Depends who you believe. 

• Subscriber

One of the worst value deals of the season if this comes off and struggle to see how he really improves them. Still the same player he was when he was with us, and for £45 million it's a bit of a joke. Good luck to him though, always liked Gylfi and wish him the best.

7 minutes ago, Storts said:

One of the worst value deals of the season if this comes off and struggle to see how he really improves them. Still the same player he was when he was with us, and for £45 million it's a bit of a joke. Good luck to him though, always liked Gylfi and wish him the best.

Mustn't have seen us for the majority of last season and thus far this season if you think he doesn't improve on what we have. 

• Subscriber
57 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Mustn't have seen us for the majority of last season and thus far this season if you think he doesn't improve on what we have. 

Yeah but you've signed Klaasen and Rooney who play very similar roles.

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Rooney and Sigurdsson will play behind the striker. Klaassen behind them. 

Hmmm - doesn't seem particularly balanced to me. Then what about Gueye and Schneiderlin? Where's the width coming form? Just seems like too many cooks at this point - especially one that ultimately isn't much better than the position you're in. He's a good player for a 7th placed side, but with aspirations to be higher I'm not sure

3 minutes ago, Storts said:

Hmmm - doesn't seem particularly balanced to me. Then what about Gueye and Schneiderlin? Where's the width coming form? Just seems like too many cooks at this point - especially one that ultimately isn't much better than the position you're in. He's a good player for a 7th placed side, but with aspirations to be higher I'm not sure

The way I think (cos, of course, I'm not privy to how we're going to set up in any game) we'll do it is essentially a 4-3-3 when it's read out. Gueye, Schniederlin and Klaassen as the three in midfield. Davy at the tip of it. 

There is no width from the attacking players, that'll be full backs role when we have the ball, Rooney and Sigurdsson will tuck in leaving space. Without the ball, Rooney and Sigurdsson will pretty much be wingers. 

Just got to wait and see if it's balanced or not. Likewise on whether he as well as all the others, can push us higher. 

• The title was changed to Koeman Confirms Sigurdsson Signing
3 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

I rate him but I don't get why you're so happy about this deal? Surely he will play out of position to get a game?

If we're playing 3 at the back he'd do a job at RWB whilst Coleman is out. 

Archived