talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group F - R1 - Belgium 1-0 Canada - Wednesday 23rd November, 2022

football forum

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Canada are one of the few teams at this World Cup that I don't know that much about. How good are they? I know that Alphonso Davies and Jonathan David are their star players, but just how good they are as a team, I am not that sure. In their last 4 friendlies in preparation for this World Cup, they beat Qatar and Japan, they drew with Bahrain and they lost to Uruguay. So some mixed results there, but it clearly indicates that they are no pushovers.

• Subscriber

What's with this weird obsession so many teams at this WC have with playing the midfield so wide away from the defense with no linkage? You're letting your opponent apply pressure and also letting them fill the space. One mistake and the counter-attack is easy.

The fact Canada have had 11 shots on goal and Belgium have just 2 is mental. Canada deserve a lot of credit for not being shit scared of the much higher rated team that on paper is miles ahead of them and actually making Belgium look a bit scared of them.

• The title was changed to Group F - R1 - Belgium 1-0 Canada - Wednesday 23rd November, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived