• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group F - R1 - Belgium 1-0 Canada - Wednesday 23rd November, 2022

football forum

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

You can say that again. What's the reasoning for him being a starter I have no idea. 

Over Lukaku too xD

Honestly, I think Belgium are mental for not taking Divock Origi. Yeah, he's not the best striker in the world and never really lived up to his promise after that bad injury he got... but he's got an absolute killer instinct in the box and doesn't really ever seem to let big occasions get to him. Seems like a handy player to have come off the bench for a country in the world cup... but that's beside the point.

But... idk how he's starting over Lukaku or Doku. Although honestly, I don't think Martinez is all that as a manager - I honestly think he's a bit lucky Belgium have persisted with him for so long. They can point to him being their best manager, but this is also a period where Belgium have had more world class players than most countries... I think they could have made an upgrade at some point in his tenure.

• Subscriber
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

But... idk how he's starting over Lukaku or Doku. Although honestly, I don't think Martinez is all that as a manager - I honestly think he's a bit lucky Belgium have persisted with him for so long. They can point to him being their best manager, but this is also a period where Belgium have had more world class players than most countries... I think they could have made an upgrade at some point in his tenure.

Poor man's Professor X, as told to me by someone.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

I am not worried. Canada will score its just a matter of time.

Yep, they do so well getting in behind the wing backs. They deserve something from this game. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Yep, they do so well getting in behind the wing backs. They deserve something from this game. 

They are playing some very smart football. They are just missing someone to take the chance.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, 6666 said:

Hope Canada can keep playing like that in the 2nd half but they need to take their chances. Belgium's defence playing like shit. Clinical finish from Batshuayi but Belgium have problems.

They're bound to tire surely. I'd love for them to keep it up but when teams play with high intensity they usually go a bit slower after 60-65 mins. 

But it's only 1-0 so they're definitely still in the game! 

Not seen De Bruyne have such a poor game. 

14 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Hope Canada can keep playing like that in the 2nd half but they need to take their chances. Belgium's defence playing like shit. Clinical finish from Batshuayi but Belgium have problems.

I don't think canada are good enough up front to score. Belgium were shit in the first half amd still lead. I think they'll probably win 2 or 3 0

Belgium have a couple of world stars but away from that this is a very average side that bigger sides shouldn’t be too concerned with.

They seem very similar to England imo, we probably have more depth in the forward lines though

I applaud how Canada have taken the game to Belgium but there is no composure in the final third.

Saw it yesterday with Mexico, and with Japan earlier till they brought on Mitoma. He showed what making the right decision in the ball does.

All it takes is a bit of thought to produce real quality, usually from the players who are at a high level club wise.

Belgium have massively got away with one here so far though. They wouldn't worry me at all. Sad to see how far Hazard has fallen and it's no shock it's all on De Bruyne to play well for them.

• The title was changed to Group F - R1 - Belgium 1-0 Canada - Wednesday 23rd November, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived