talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Group F - R1 - Belgium 1-0 Canada - Wednesday 23rd November, 2022

football forum

1 minute ago, 6666 said:

Hope Canada can keep playing like that in the 2nd half but they need to take their chances. Belgium's defence playing like shit. Clinical finish from Batshuayi but Belgium have problems.

They're bound to tire surely. I'd love for them to keep it up but when teams play with high intensity they usually go a bit slower after 60-65 mins. 

But it's only 1-0 so they're definitely still in the game! 

Not seen De Bruyne have such a poor game. 

14 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Hope Canada can keep playing like that in the 2nd half but they need to take their chances. Belgium's defence playing like shit. Clinical finish from Batshuayi but Belgium have problems.

I don't think canada are good enough up front to score. Belgium were shit in the first half amd still lead. I think they'll probably win 2 or 3 0

I applaud how Canada have taken the game to Belgium but there is no composure in the final third.

Saw it yesterday with Mexico, and with Japan earlier till they brought on Mitoma. He showed what making the right decision in the ball does.

All it takes is a bit of thought to produce real quality, usually from the players who are at a high level club wise.

Belgium have massively got away with one here so far though. They wouldn't worry me at all. Sad to see how far Hazard has fallen and it's no shock it's all on De Bruyne to play well for them.

Edited by Lucas
  • Upvote 1

• The title was changed to Group F - R1 - Belgium 1-0 Canada - Wednesday 23rd November, 2022
Just now, Redcanuck said:

Have to put the ball in the net, 21 shots 3 on goal, terrible finishing. Missed penalty hurt badly.

I don't think Canada could have done anymore. Thats just their level. I also think not playing against top opposition doesn't help. You can only learn so much beating teams 11.0

I don't fancy Belgium's chances either, thought Hazard was very important for Belgium in the first by retaining possession to give the defence a breather.

KDB did not seem at his best, several poor touches / finishes.

Canada could have won with better finishing It will be interesting to see if this improves next time out.

• The topic was unpinned