talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group F - R1 - Belgium 1-0 Canada - Wednesday 23rd November, 2022

football forum

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Group F - R1 - Belgium 1-0 Canada - Wednesday 23rd November, 2022
Just now, Redcanuck said:

Have to put the ball in the net, 21 shots 3 on goal, terrible finishing. Missed penalty hurt badly.

I don't think Canada could have done anymore. Thats just their level. I also think not playing against top opposition doesn't help. You can only learn so much beating teams 11.0

I don't fancy Belgium's chances either, thought Hazard was very important for Belgium in the first by retaining possession to give the defence a breather.

KDB did not seem at his best, several poor touches / finishes.

Canada could have won with better finishing It will be interesting to see if this improves next time out.

• Subscriber

In my wildest dreams I would never have expected that type of match, let alone against Belgium. We deserved better if anything but clearly the finishing isnt up to par out of all those chances, half chances and attempts only made Courtois make what 3 saves? That penalty was dreadful, I feel bad for Davies but he probably shouldnt be taking them.

I still do not understand how that Witsel play was Var'd and deemed not a penalty, how the fuck is that not a penalty. I would love to know what rule they used to look at that play and deem it a goal fucking kick.

Overall nearly all positives to take, we controlled most of the match and most of the play. One lapse in defence and thats the difference between a real class side like Belgium. It does leave me thinking we have a real shot to get out of this, who knows.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived