talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Will Poland Win the World Cup?

football forum

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have predicted Mexico & Argentina to go through from the group. But with Matty Cash representing Poland, I would not be at all against seeing them do well, for a change.

Lewandowski is in that group of special individual players. But that's not always enough. Ronaldo & Messi still looking for a World Cup win. To finally beat the other perhaps. Haaland will not be there. The Dutch still have not won 1 & their list of special players is quite extensive. Giggs never qualified.

Given Poland's lack of qualifying regularly for tournament finals, perhaps getting to Last 16 or Q-Final would be a success? And there can't be too many great teams around, because I feel unusually optimistic about England.

• The title was changed to Will Poland Win the World Cup?
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, john_ said:

You think so? They have Lewandowski in the squad, so getting out of the group should be a piece of cake

Argentina and Mexico will finish ahead of them. 

13 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Not after they left out Dawid Kownacki and Michal Karbownik. 

I know, they could have at least taken Kownacki, he's had one of his best seasons ever at club level. Yet, Kownacki was selected for Poland's 2018 World Cup squad and their Euro 2020 squad but has been dropped for the World Cup in Qatar. He must be feeling very disappointed and so must Karbownik really, because he's also hit some very good form recently.

I think though that Poland have an excellent chance of qualifying from their group. Argentina is of course inevitably going to win Poland's group; they have one of the best squads at the whole World Cup. But Poland can definitely beat both Mexico and Saudi Arabia, which I believe they will do. So, I think Poland will finish 2nd in their group and qualify for the Round of 16.

On 19/11/2022 at 18:03, john_ said:

You think so? They have Lewandowski in the squad, so getting out of the group should be a piece of cake

Almost as piece a cake as scoring a penalty is, and yet Lewandowski couldn't do it.

Archived