talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group G - R1 - Brazil 2-0 Serbia - Thursday 24th November, 2022

football forum

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I expect Fred to start in the midfield alongside Casemiro. Bruno is a much better player, but Fred complements Casemiro better, they've played well together and I think Tite views it as the safest choice. 

Another alternative would be dropping Fred for Vini Jr. Paquetá would then be the 2nd man in the midfield and the attack would be composed of Neymar, Vini, Richarlison and Raphinha. I would be surprised if we start the match with such a team, especially against a quality side like Serbia. The likes of Tadic and Vlahovic can make you pay for any defensive mistakes. 

• Subscriber
On 21/11/2022 at 04:20, El Profesor said:

I expect Fred to start in the midfield alongside Casemiro. Bruno is a much better player, but Fred complements Casemiro better, they've played well together and I think Tite views it as the safest choice. 

Another alternative would be dropping Fred for Vini Jr. Paquetá would then be the 2nd man in the midfield and the attack would be composed of Neymar, Vini, Richarlison and Raphinha. I would be surprised if we start the match with such a team, especially against a quality side like Serbia. The likes of Tadic and Vlahovic can make you pay for any defensive mistakes. 

Don't think you'll will struggle as much honestly. So many of your players are in form together and it's not like Argentina where there's one person that they turn to. You'll have a whole team that can turn a match on its head. I expect a win here for you'll. Is Frimino not in the squad? 

10 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Don't think you'll will struggle as much honestly. So many of your players are in form together and it's not like Argentina where there's one person that they turn to. You'll have a whole team that can turn a match on its head. I expect a win here for you'll. Is Frimino not in the squad? 

I would rather play Switzertland first and Serbia last, like in 2018. 

The 1st match against the toughest opponent is tricky. Serbia is a quality side that can hurt us.

A thing that worries me is that our defence is a bit short. Marquinhos and Thiago Silva are not tall defenders. Serbia could explore it, with Mitrovic and Vlahovic. 

No, Bobby is not in the squad. 

Vinícius is starting. We'll have 4 forwards and Paquetá will be in the midfield alongside Casemiro. I guess they are thinking Serbia will not park the bus and there will be spaces to be explored in the wings.

All those players track back and put pressure without the ball. So it could work.

I'd rather have Pedro or Gabriel Jesus as striker. I just don't think Richarlison is good enough to be a starter.

It feels like that team lacks cohesion in the midfield. All players are putting the defensive work, this is good, but there hasn't been much in terms of creating chances. It's a bit flat. I believe our best midfield formation is Casemiro-Bruno-Paquetá.

Poor from Brazil so far. Not a lot of creativity in their midfield and their front 4 seem like they've never met each other. Not a big fan of Richarlison or Raphinha to be honest. Martinelli and Jesus would offer better balance. The fullbacks are meh as well.

England beat these lot. I said it.

• The title was changed to Brazil 1-0 Serbia - Thursday 24th November, 2022
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, 6666 said:

Of course it's the worst player on the pitch that gets the lucky goal. 

Lucky? 

He's in the right place at the right time to pick up the pieces. 

I'd say Raphinha has been worse than him. 

• The title was changed to Brazil 2-0 Serbia - Thursday 24th November, 2022
  • The title was changed to Group G - R1 - Brazil 2-0 Serbia - Thursday 24th November, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived