The better place to talk football.

Group G - R1 - Brazil 2-0 Serbia - Thursday 24th November, 2022

football forum

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, DeadLinesman said:

Can’t believe that Tottenham flop is shining on the world stage. He’s shite.

or so I’ve been told……

Depends if it's just after a 3-2 victory after being 2-0 down at half time. 

Richarlison may have got the goals but both have come from Vinicius Junior's threat on the left.

You could see how scared the Serbian's were to tackle him. He's so nippy and because he's such a threat, he takes the opposition away from other players.

Richardson's 2nd likely just won goal of the tournament, if anyone missed it.

I may be wrong, but haven't Spurs & before that Everton often used him as a wide attacker? (Off Kane & Calvert Lewin?)

If he gets the golden boot & scores a few more stunners he may well be seen & used differently. Or end up at 1 of those clubs that collect World Cup performers.

Fair play to the Brazil manager. I'm another that would have gone for Gabriel Jesus.

Took some time to break Serbia down and you would have expected them to score more later yet didn't.

The first seemed to come from attackers like Richarlison gambling on the knockdowns from long range shots and two of them were there for the first goal with Richarlison grabbing it.

His second was a clever finish.

It will take a strong side to beat Brazil not because they are great yet can produce some magic and enough of them work hard. They have a decent squad too.

Silva and Richarlison stood out for me.

They have time to get better too.

I would be tempted to start with Martinelli rather than Rapinha if this could work as I realise they work on different wings.

Liked Sandro's attempted goal shot which came off the post.

11 minutes ago, Storts said:

@6666 in the mud

Richarlison always delivers for Brazil. 9 in 7.

You really wanted this to be your first World Cup related post?

Richarlison is still just okay though. He'll score a decent goal to make some people think otherwise but others have seen his performances be inconsistent his whole career so won't fall for it.

I'd say he's probably good 35% of the time.

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, 6666 said:

You really wanted this to be your first World Cup related post?

Richarlison is still just okay though. He'll score a decent goal to make some people think otherwise but others have seen his performances be inconsistent his whole career so won't fall for it.

I'd say he's probably good 35% of the time.

Yes, why wouldn’t I? Weird flex

His record for Brazil is outstanding. That’s how he should be judged at international level.

Well, Brazil ran out comfortable 2-0 winners in this match, with Richarlison scoring both goals. Before his two goals, Alex Sandro went very close to opening the scoring, after his powerful long range shot from well outside the area hit the post. Richarlison scored his 1st goal with a tap in, after the Serbian keeper Milenkovic-Savic blocked Vinicius Junior's shot. Richarlison's 2nd goal was much more spectacular, as he struck the ball with a bicycle kick, that rocketed in the net to make it 2-0 to Brazil. Thus game, was a well-deserved win for Brazil.                                                                                                                                        

• The title was changed to Group G - R1 - Brazil 2-0 Serbia - Thursday 24th November, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived