talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Shit Beer Tier List - a TF365 community project

football forum

Inspired by Qatar 2022 denying fans their Budweiser... let's rank the shit beers in our lives that make life slightly more enjoyable, even though they aren't the best beers in the world (but they are drinkable - and that's really what matters most).

Also inspired by my alcoholic friends: @Spike, @nudge, & @Tommy :drunk: 

First: tell us which beer you've bought and are drinking/ranking.

Next: ummm... you probably shouldn't just rank it off just off drinking only one beer. So please give us:

• your initial thoughts after opening a beer and having some
  • your thoughts after having 2 beers
  • optional: your thoughts after having 4 or more beers

I've not put a lot of thought into this just yet... but we should probably come up with some kind of scoring system we use and different categories we're ranking.

Taste? Price? Idk what else we'd be ranking tbh.

Then if multiple of us have done the same beer we can take an average of the various scores and make a tier list. And then if you're drinking a shit beer and you want to know if it's TF365 approved, you can look at the list and think "oh good, I'm drinking something that TF365 absolutely fucking hates, fuck me." or "fuck yes, I am drinking the king of shit beers. Bow before me" or somewhere in between.

I'll go get some beer when I'm off work and start tonight.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don’t forget to mention the place of origin!

PBR - Milwaukee, USA
Lager 4.8%
$17 for 30
Best American macro lager. Could drink this for days.

Old Style - Milwaukee, USA
Lager 4.6%
$15 for 24
Not convinced this isn’t the same beer as PBR.

Hamm’s - Milwaukee, USA but originally in St Paul
Lager 4.7%
$15 for 30
Same as previous two, but sweeter?

I work at a bottle shop. Here are my thoughts on some euro trash, Mexican trash, Asia trash and Aussie trash

Perroni (Italy they say)- pale lager. 4/10. The initial flavor is kinda there but did they use gutter water to make it? Also expensive in Australia for what it is. $55

Corona (Mexico)- piss pale lager. 6/10. Expensive considering it's closer to water than a beer, but with a slice of lime goes down innocently enough. $57

Carlsberg (Denmark) - Anotherfuckingpalelager (pilsner) 5/10. Inoffensive. $43.

Great Northern (Australia) - Lager. 5/10. Meh. Probably a little more flavorful than Carlsberg but gets nasty at the finish. Must be why most drink the lighter version. $ 49.

Chang (Thailand) - Lager. 5/10. I feel like it's the most interesting of the 5/10s, but the roughest at the finish. $55

Bingtang (Thailand)  - Lager 6.5/10. Welcome to the best of the shit 'hot day' beers that I've had. Crisp, a bit hoppy. $47

VB (Australia) - They're all lagers aren't they. 3.5/10. Jesus Christ. Look, it has flavor, but it costs more than its competitors and tastes just slightly worse. $57

XXXX Gold - Brisbane, Australia
Lager 3.5%
$48 for 30
Man, it is weak but boy is it good at the pub on ice cold draught on a 45’ day. The Milton mangoes have a time and place.

XXXX Bitter - Brisbane, Australia
Lager 4.4%
$60 for 30
The tougher brother of Gold. A bit bolder in flavour but still easy to sink back on a hot day. King Brown. A bit hoppier.

Victoria Bitter - Melbourne, Victoria
Lager 4.9%
$50 for 30
It’s pretty good, another drink that is easy to drink in summer (catch the pattern?). Though it really isn’t as clean as Gold, ot has a fruitier and hoppier taste but not much.

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Victoria Bitter - Melbourne, Victoria
Lager 4.9%
$50 for 30
It’s pretty good, another drink that is easy to drink in summer (catch the pattern?). Though it really isn’t as clean as Gold, ot has a fruitier and hoppier taste but not much.

Even at Dan murphys VB cans are $60 a slab my guy. 

Toohey’s Extra Dry - Sydney?
Lager 4.7%
$45 for 24
I drank this when I turned 18, it was the popular beer of that cohort. Mum loves it too. It is too fucking malty, it tastes like drinking a plain biscuit. I really don’t care for it but I’ll end up drinking 200 of these over Xmas because mum buys it.

Tsingtao - somewhere in China

Lager - 4.7% (they claim, I would assume it's less than this)

Price - I can't remember, but it was cheap as fuck in China.

It is easy to drink, there's flavour to it. There's not much flavour though. You'll get drunk if you drink enough of these. It felt like far more beers than it should have taken to get drunk though.

I'd give it a 3/10

Great Northern was my go to in North Queensland.

A cold pint of XXXX at the Rugby was elite.

Cold can of Tooheys also done a job.

Tiger. Jugs and Jugs of Tiger. Honestly there was a bar that sold it for about $4 or $5 dollars a jug. What a steal. Absolutely ruined me on more than once occasion.

I have not followed the rules.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Inspired by Qatar 2022 denying fans their Budweiser... let's rank the shit beers in our lives that make life slightly more enjoyable, even though they aren't the best beers in the world (but they are drinkable - and that's really what matters most).

Recommended O.o :coffee:

Dr. Gonzo

i-dont-drink-5c5f09.jpg

87df09528315ef3d2d3621d5c1e18dd9_640x640.jpg

29a54d6f26cdb2bc60bea49c840f002c_640x640.jpg

0c252e902c5512bf8bf5fe16fdd236e7_640x640.jpg

Alright so I found Peroni here…

but it’s not the regular Peroni I remember, with the red label. This is Peroni Nastro Azzuro. That means Peroni Blue Ribon. So weirdly, another PBR.

Anyways:

Peroni Nastro Azzuro. Lager. Idk what the percentage is let me look at the bottle… 5%. Brewed in Rome.

I don’t like it as much as regular Peroni, but its easy enough to drink. They appear to taste better the more you drink, so that’s good.

5/10 for me, which I think for a shit beer is decent.

• Subscriber

For accuracy reasons, I'm not going to rate any beers I already drank  before without trying it again. Totally not using it as an excuse to buy more beer 👀

Anyway, got my first few at the store, will drink them and report after work.

IMG_20221122_150651_1-01.jpeg

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

For accuracy reasons, I'm not going to rate any beers I already drank  before without trying it again. Totally not using it as an excuse to buy more beer 👀

Anyway, got my first few at the store, will drink them and report after work.

IMG_20221122_150651_1-01.jpeg

I see the Moretti one in stores all the time, but I've never tried it. 

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Alright so I found Peroni here…

but it’s not the regular Peroni I remember, with the red label. This is Peroni Nastro Azzuro. That means Peroni Blue Ribon. So weirdly, another PBR.

Anyways:

Peroni Nastro Azzuro. Lager. Idk what the percentage is let me look at the bottle… 5%. Brewed in Rome.

I don’t like it as much as regular Peroni, but its easy enough to drink. They appear to taste better the more you drink, so that’s good.

5/10 for me, which I think for a shit beer is decent.

I actually quite like Peroni Red.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I see the Moretti one in stores all the time, but I've never tried it. 

I had it once before, in Bulgaria I think, but honestly don't even remember if I liked it or not xD so this will be a good opportunity to try it again, as otherwise, if it wasn't for this little fun project, I surely wouldn't have bought it. Especially since it costs $2.80 per can here xD

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

I had it once before, in Bulgaria I think, but honestly don't even remember if I liked it or not xD so this will be a good opportunity to try it again, as otherwise, if it wasn't for this little fun project, I surely wouldn't have bought it. Especially since it costs $2.80 per can here xD

That's some devotion to the cause. xD

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Chang (Thailand) - Lager. 5/10. I feel like it's the most interesting of the 5/10s, but the roughest at the finish. $55

Bingtang (Thailand)  - Lager 6.5/10. Welcome to the best of the shit 'hot day' beers that I've had. Crisp, a bit hoppy. $47

Bintang is Indonesian, mate. 

As for Thai beers, have you tried any other popular ones? Singha, Leo? I find Chang ok, but it is indeed a bit rough at the finish. Gives massive hangovers when consumed in large quantities, too. I think for me it would be Singha > Chang > Leo, but in case of Singha, it's crazy how different it tastes when brewed under license outside of Thailand.

30 minutes ago, nudge said:

Bintang is Indonesian, mate. 

As for Thai beers, have you tried any other popular ones? Singha, Leo? I find Chang ok, but it is indeed a bit rough at the finish. Gives massive hangovers when consumed in large quantities, too. I think for me it would be Singha > Chang > Leo, but in case of Singha, it's crazy how different it tastes when brewed under license outside of Thailand.

I have indeed tried Leo. Goes alright actually. Not had it for YEAAAAARS mind. 

Archived