The better place to talk football.

Shit Beer Tier List - a TF365 community project

football forum

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I guarantee @nudge if you blind tasted 10 beers from a glass that I poured from a can or bottle you'd do a shit job of identifying which was which.  

5 hours ago, nudge said:

Most of the time I pour beer into an actual glass, regardless if it comes from a can or a bottle, and in that case yeah, it's probably impossible to tell the difference. But I do drink it straight out of the bottle at times, and it's still heavenly. Drinking out of a can sucks ass for the reasons you gave, and should only be done if you're 14, if you're camping/on a hike, or if you're an alcoholic who downs the can they just bought at the Kiosk :P 

Did I say otherwise?.... 

I think pouring beer is a waste of water (because eventually someone has to clean the glass) when it already comes in a bottle or a can. Unless I'm at a bar or a pub and then I'm expecting a glass because I have to pay extra so might as well make the bar tender actually do something than just hand me a bottle/can.

1 hour ago, white riot said:

I agree up to a point.

Both are infinitely recyclable but aluminium processing is massively toxic. Nobody ever died from inhaling glass fumes.

I hope you don't work for Alcoa

No, they just die in bars when they get smacked by a glass bottle.

6 minutes ago, white riot said:

Cans are, recycling excepted, a single use product.

Is this what you want?

So is glass. Two thirds of it ends up in landfills, aluminium is recycled at a far higher rate.The higher transportation costs of glass offset a lot of the benefits unfortunately, what really bites glass in the arse are the huge carbon emissions from logistics.
If it were tiered out it would be as follows

1. 100% recycled aluminium
  2. 100% recycled glass
  3. partially recycled glass
  4. partially recycled aluminium 
  5. new glass
  6. new aluminium 

• Administrator
7 hours ago, white riot said:

I've seen you pick on Tommy.

He might not be the sharpest tool in the shed (he said so elsewhere, tongue in cheek maybe) but if he is not, then he is at least as useful as Earl's brother, Randy

He's gunning for you @Tommy... 

Just now, Stan said:

Creating stupid threads and bringing up old ones quite clearly to antagonise or disrupt. 

Hard to judge if you just flagged him as a spammer and removed all of his posts as a result, but okay. 

• Subscriber

In between all the shenanigans of the last few days in Bangkok I did manage to try some beers out that I haven't in a while and have to say they lived up to the shit part of their nature. I'll post some as I get them onto disk.

IMG_7206.jpg

Name: LEO
Country of Origin: Thailand
Type: Lager
Ten-Point Scale: 4/10

It's just like any other lager and honestly has nothing special about it. The Tiger I drank was infinitely better and far more refreshing. I think the Singha was better too. 

53 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

All these lagers are depressing me. My favorite 2 types of beer are pale ales and porters. I need to grab a crap pale and drink it for the boys. A coopers maybe. 

Pale ales are my favourite (even though as I’ve stated beer and I haven’t really reunited this year).

The last beer I had was a shit beer. Carlton Dry. 2.5/10. 

54 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

All these lagers are depressing me. My favorite 2 types of beer are pale ales and porters. I need to grab a crap pale and drink it for the boys. A coopers maybe. 

Dan Murphys or First Choice sometimes have their own branded drinks. Worth trying them for this list lol 

Archived