talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Shit Beer Tier List - a TF365 community project

football forum

8 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

All these lagers are depressing me. My favorite 2 types of beer are pale ales and porters. I need to grab a crap pale and drink it for the boys. A coopers maybe. 

Grab yourself some mass produced pale ale... then review it for us.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I had to give Budweiser a shot considering it's been years since I had one. It's pretty bland with no real flavor on the back end, but certainly not offensive. I doubt I'll have another any time soon.

20221202_192951.jpg

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Coma said:

So I had to give Budweiser a shot considering it's been years since I had one. It's pretty bland with no real flavor on the back end, but certainly not offensive. I doubt I'll have another any time soon.

20221202_192951.jpg

Is that a slim bottle? Or is that just the picture skewed?

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Coma said:

20221202_192951.jpg

I need a puking emoji to react to it :ph34r:

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Coma said:

I have a truly shit collection in the wings. Bud Light, MGD, Coors Light incoming...

I also picked up a Sapporo, which I've never had. Looking forward to that one.

Funnily enough, at the store today, a Japanese guy standing behind me had his whole shopping basket full of 500 ml Sapporo cans xD Missing home, probably. 

I quite like Sapporo. I also recently discovered Yebisu, another brand made by Sapporo breweries, at the same supermarket and will give it a go next. 

yebisu22_350.png

Estrella Jalisco from Guadalajara, Mexico.

4.5%, says it’s a Mexican Pilsner, pretty cheap where I bought it (24 for $18)…

it doesn’t have any real taste. Put a lime in it to see if that would fix it. It just made it taste a bubbly liquid that has a lime in it.

2/10.

Now I’ve got to drink 18 more of these fucking things to continue on my shitty beer quest.

Great Northern Super Crisp, Cairns QLD
3.5% lager

Well, well, well. Well, well, well. It’s marketed as ‘low bitterness’ which freaks my nut,  and it isn’t a lie. You can smell the corpse of the Pride of Ringwood hops used in 99.9999999999999% of Australian beer, so it relies on the malt build for flavour, which is really kind of neutral? I dunno, it’s a 40’ weather beer and one gave me a headache.

I don’t mind pissweak Australian lagers but fuck me dead why is it 99% of the market?

Since Sapporo has recently bought San Diego's probably biggest craft brewery Stone... I feel like it's fair to include them in the "shit beer" lists now.

But I'm going to be boring and do a Lager again because I've been drinking lots of Lagers over other beers because... I don't really have a reason, I've just been drinking a lot of Lagers lately. So up next is: Stone Buenaveza Salt & Lime Lager. From San Diego, CA, USA. 4.7%.

I fucking love this beer, tbh. It tastes like a Mexican lager - and not a shit one like Estrella Jalisco that doesn't taste like anything. Or a shit one that does taste like something, but that something is just skunked beer (Dos Equis). The name comes from combining "buena" and "cerveza"... so "good beer" xD - I think it lives up to it. It's nice, it's refreshing, the flavour is good. I don't really have anything bad to say about it as a beer.

But as a customer I will say... I don't think the price is that great. You get that "craft beer" premium... even though they're now owned by one of the biggest beer brands in the world. I dunno how much that's going to change the brewing operations of Stone in the short term or the long term, and I assume because it's been a few months... not too much has changed. But I guess price per beer is always something to consider. Having said that... it's better than most Mexican style beers I can buy here.

6.5/10.

Next time I go to Mexico, maybe I'll review some craft lagers from Mexico (they're weirdly hard to find here even though Mexico is right fucking next to us) - cos I do think those are better than Buenaveza. But I think Buenaveza's quite fucking good tbh.

• Subscriber
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Since Sapporo has recently bought San Diego's probably biggest craft brewery Stone... I feel like it's fair to include them in the "shit beer" lists now.

But I'm going to be boring and do a Lager again because I've been drinking lots of Lagers over other beers because... I don't really have a reason, I've just been drinking a lot of Lagers lately. So up next is: Stone Buenaveza Salt & Lime Lager. From San Diego, CA, USA. 4.7%.

I fucking love this beer, tbh. It tastes like a Mexican lager - and not a shit one like Estrella Jalisco that doesn't taste like anything. Or a shit one that does taste like something, but that something is just skunked beer (Dos Equis). The name comes from combining "buena" and "cerveza"... so "good beer" xD - I think it lives up to it. It's nice, it's refreshing, the flavour is good. I don't really have anything bad to say about it as a beer.

But as a customer I will say... I don't think the price is that great. You get that "craft beer" premium... even though they're now owned by one of the biggest beer brands in the world. I dunno how much that's going to change the brewing operations of Stone in the short term or the long term, and I assume because it's been a few months... not too much has changed. But I guess price per beer is always something to consider. Having said that... it's better than most Mexican style beers I can buy here.

6.5/10.

Next time I go to Mexico, maybe I'll review some craft lagers from Mexico (they're weirdly hard to find here even though Mexico is right fucking next to us) - cos I do think those are better than Buenaveza. But I think Buenaveza's quite fucking good tbh.

It's a great review. But we need pics! 

• Subscriber
On 08/12/2022 at 17:36, nudge said:

Look what I found at the store today. Is it a shit beer, or is it a hidden gem? The mystery will be uncovered later tonight.

IMG_20221208_173227_1-01.jpeg

Oh and I forgot to post it, but it turned out to be a very nice beer... 7/10, easily. Not a shit beer by any means.

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

It's a great review. But we need pics! 

Well I'm a bit late to go back to where I was when I drank it and dig the can out from the recycling... so this image lifted from the internet will have to do. I'll have to do a better job of remembering to take photos before I shove beer down my face xD

See the source image

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Well I'm a bit late to go back to where I was when I drank it and dig the can out from the recycling... so this image lifted from the internet will have to do. I'll have to do a better job of remembering to take photos before I shove beer down my face xD

See the source image

Oh that's a proper Dia de los Muertos vibe!

Just now, nudge said:

Oh that's a proper Dia de los Muertos vibe!

Yeah, their marketing for this beer is really leaning heavily on the fact that one of the best things about San Diego is the proximity to Mexico & how Mexican culture's influenced the city, I think.

Which is a refreshing change from their typical marketing campaign of being arrogant fucking dickheads xD

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah, their marketing for this beer is really leaning heavily on the fact that one of the best things about San Diego is the proximity to Mexico & how Mexican culture's influenced the city, I think.

Which is a refreshing change from their typical marketing campaign of being arrogant fucking dickheads xD

Now I'm just hungry for some tacos :( 

• Subscriber
On 24/11/2022 at 22:51, Coma said:

Had a Modelo Especial last night. Crisp and refreshing but not very full in flavor.  In music terms I'd say high treble but no mid or bass. Also, it's not quite right without a lime or Mexican food. Just the right amount of hops for a shit beer.

20221123_185309.jpg

On 24/11/2022 at 23:05, Dr. Gonzo said:

I also had Modelo Especial last night, but I went out so I had those little American pints rather than from the bottle.

Its Mexican. I think it’s 4.something%. I had a slice of lime in each glass too which I think makes every Mexican beer better. A nice refreshing shit beer.

5.5/10 with limes 

Just had it for the first time tonight. Straight out of the bottle with a slice of lime. Actually pretty decent... Smells like Corona, but has by far more flavour. More hops than I expected from a shit Mexican beer, too. Would be great on a hot day at the beach, or along some Tex-Mex or seafood.

5/10.

16 minutes ago, nudge said:

Just had it for the first time tonight. Straight out of the bottle with a slice of lime. Actually pretty decent... Smells like Corona, but has by far more flavour. More hops than I expected from a shit Mexican beer, too. Would be great on a hot day at the beach, or along some Tex-Mex or seafood.

5/10.

Did you have tacos though?

I think I'm gonna drive to Tacos El Gordo for lunch to get some tasty fucking tacos and I'll probably have a Modelo with them 

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Did you have tacos though?

I think I'm gonna drive to Tacos El Gordo for lunch to get some tasty fucking tacos and I'll probably have a Modelo with them 

No 😭 I completely forgot about it, but then once I started drinking Modelo, I got cravings for tacos and some Micheladas again xD Too bad it's 4 am in the morning though

Archived