• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Shit Beer Tier List - a TF365 community project

football forum

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

So, I drank Beerlao after lunch, and Birra Moretti just now. 

Beerlao (Laos, lager, 5%) - my most favourite Asian macro beer, and in fact, I don't consider it shit beer at all 😅A regular guest in my fridge. Surprisingly well balanced, not too sweet (much less than most other typical SE Asian beers), not too malty, with a light hint of bitterness. A solid 6.5/10. Price - 1$/500 ml can on average.

Birra Moretti (supposed to be Italian, but this one's brewed in the UK, lager, 4.6%) - actually pretty ok. Goes down like oil, surprisingly medium-bodied. Inoffensive, clean taste, although I started noticing some harsher notes once it got warmer in the glass. Definitely drinkable, though I wouldn't buy it on purpose again. 5/10. Price - 2.8$/440 ml can here due to import costs (so clearly too expensive for what it is).

8 hours ago, nudge said:

For accuracy reasons, I'm not going to rate any beers I already drank  before without trying it again. Totally not using it as an excuse to buy more beer 👀

Anyway, got my first few at the store, will drink them and report after work.

IMG_20221122_150651_1-01.jpeg

I don’t like Moretti as much as Peroni personally. I was a bit disappointed to find not-the-same Peroni as what I was drinking a lot of in Italy last night.

That Tsingtao review was of a beer I had will be my only non-recent beer review here. I just wanted to get that out of the way so I don’t ever have to drink Tsingtao again xD - I wasn’t expecting to be able to find it here… but I ended up finding it the same place I found Peroni.

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don’t like Moretti as much as Peroni personally. I was a bit disappointed to find not-the-same Peroni as what I was drinking a lot of in Italy last night.

That Tsingtao review was of a beer I had will be my only non-recent beer review here. I just wanted to get that out of the way so I don’t ever have to drink Tsingtao again xD - I wasn’t expecting to be able to find it here… but I ended up finding it the same place I found Peroni.

I think I'll get Peroni tomorrow for comparison. I did the review for Moretti earlier, so that'll be my reference point. From what I remember, Peroni tastes much more watery, but I think I had the Nastro Azzurro version in the past too.

Tsingtao is skunky...

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think I'll get Peroni tomorrow for comparison. I did the review for Moretti earlier, so that'll be my reference point. From what I remember, Peroni tastes much more watery, but I think I had the Nastro Azzurro version in the past too.

Tsingtao is skunky...

2 hours ago, nudge said:

I'm not sure what I should get next. I've still got 4 (I got a 12 pack) of those Nastro Azzuro Peronis left. I wish I could just swap them for regular Peroni...

I might just do Budweiser next, in honour of them giving out their Qatar beer to the winners... and also because that's probably the cheapest.

• Subscriber
40 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm not sure what I should get next. I've still got 4 (I got a 12 pack) of those Nastro Azzuro Peronis left. I wish I could just swap them for regular Peroni...

I might just do Budweiser next, in honour of them giving out their Qatar beer to the winners... and also because that's probably the cheapest.

I think I'll go for Peroni, Cobra, Stella and Estrella tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I was going to get Budweiser today but they were sold out of 6 packs. I'm not committed enough to this project to buy 12.

1 minute ago, Coma said:

I was going to get Budweiser today but they were sold out of 6 packs. I'm not committed enough to this project to buy 12.

Holy shit, I've never seen Budweiser sold out anywhere - regardless of the quantity.

What did you get instead?

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Holy shit, I've never seen Budweiser sold out anywhere - regardless of the quantity.

What did you get instead?

You underestimate the Midwest, my friend. They were low stock or sold out of almost all the truly shit beers, leaving me with beers that I'd have considered upper tier in school. 

I've settled for Killians Irish Red and Modelo Especial (which I really do like but haven't had in a long while). It's probably for the best as I'm not sure I'm ready to fully immerse myself in the mire. Best to just dip the toes first.

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

Am I the only one buying single cans/bottles for this? Wouldn't want to be stuck with a 6 pack of shit beer xD 

The USA is not a great place for buying single cans or bottles. I can buy a large can/bottle of some of these beers, but I'm also not about to just drink one large Budweiser and not really feel the alcohol. Or I'll end up buying one San Diego local craft beer, which will be better quality and stronger... but that's not really gonna be useful for this shit tier bier project

16 minutes ago, nudge said:

Am I the only one buying single cans/bottles for this? Wouldn't want to be stuck with a 6 pack of shit beer xD 

While a 12 pack is a bit much just having 1 beer seems a bit light. I need to neck one first to set the tone, then I'll get down to judgment in the next few.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The USA is not a great place for buying single cans or bottles. I can buy a large can/bottle of some of these beers, but I'm also not about to just drink one large Budweiser and not really feel the alcohol. Or I'll end up buying one San Diego local craft beer, which will be better quality and stronger... but that's not really gonna be useful for this shit tier bier project

Just now, Coma said:

While a 12 pack is a bit much just having 1 beer seems a bit light. I need to neck one first to set the tone, then I'll get down to judgment in the next few.

That's interesting. Because personally, I can notice the differences in taste and compare different beers easier if I drink one can/bottle of one sort, then cleanse the palate with a cracker or something, and then move to the next sort 😅

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

That's interesting. Because personally, I can notice the differences in taste and compare different beers easier if I drink one can/bottle of one sort, then cleanse the palate with a cracker or something, and then move to the next sort 😅

I suspect that several beers in this thread will have less flavor than said cracker.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Coma said:

I suspect that several beers in this thread will have less flavor than said cracker.

Honestly, I am not much of a beer snob myself... All these macro lagers might not be the best thing ever, but I find most of them perfectly drinkable, especially ice cold on a hot day. Some more, some less, but still perfectly drinkable 😅

Archived