talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group B - R2 - Wales 0-2 Iran - Friday 25th November, 2022

football forum

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think Queiroz's "surprise changes" to Iran were a massive mistake tbh. Cheshmi didn't play a single qualifier and... generally isn't very good - so him keeping out arguably Iran's best CB was very strange. Hossein Hosseini also coming on for the injured Basiji goalkeeper was bizarre. I think he should make some wholesale changes and go back to something more normal for his Iran side.

Amir Abedzabeh, Kanaani, Ezatolahi, Gholizadeh, and if Azmoun is fit enough to start... they all need to start. If Iran wants to get out of the group, they've basically got to hope for 2 wins or 1 win, 1 draw, and England battering everyone else.

Just would like to thank @Stan for using the pre-revolution logo for Iran's FA, just like I'm using the pre-revolution flag for Iran.

Makes an incredibly minor deal, but when Qatar, an ally of Iran's shitty government, is working with them to prevent signs of protest by Iranians against their government - including confiscating this Shiro Khorshid flag (Iran's historic flag)... I find it a nice touch to display things of Iran before these backwards religious fuckheads took over. Especially while this World Cup is going on and they're killing Iranians in masse for demanding for better rights.

2 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

@Bluebird Hewitt If you win this one and we brqt USA it would mean that England would only need a point in the last game to win the group and Wales would only need a point to get through. So would put you in a strong position 

We won't get anything against England. They'd be up for it just as much as we would be.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Just would like to thank @Stan for using the pre-revolution logo for Iran's FA, just like I'm using the pre-revolution flag for Iran.

Makes an incredibly minor deal, but when Qatar, an ally of Iran's shitty government, is working with them to prevent signs of protest by Iranians against their government - including confiscating this Shiro Khorshid flag (Iran's historic flag)... I find it a nice touch to display things of Iran before these backwards religious fuckheads took over. Especially while this World Cup is going on and they're killing Iranians in masse for demanding for better rights.

You're welcome. A happy accident as I only realised it was so once the team didn't sing the anthem the other day. 

3 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

We won't get anything against England. They'd be up for it just as much as we would be.

Well you almost got a point against us in 2016. That was a shit England side though admittedly. You could do with us hammering the USA. I'd like to see Wales get through. Feel a bit sorry for the sheep though if they do :ph34r:

• The title was changed to Group B - R2 - Wales 0-2 Iran - Friday 25th November, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived