• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group B - R2 - England 0-0 USA - Friday 25th November, 2022

football forum

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Fully agree. That would be good. After we win of course. :)

I mean in the likely event that Iran doesn't make it through the group, I'm totally fine with Wales going through. Anything to annoy the USA commentators tbh.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I mean in the likely event that Iran doesn't make it through the group, I'm totally fine with Wales going through. Anything to annoy the USA commentators tbh.

Been reading that they kicked off about how Ben Davies's tackle wasn't a pen, but ours was. Is that true?

9 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Been reading that they kicked off about how Ben Davies's tackle wasn't a pen, but ours was. Is that true?

Yes.

The bias yesterday from their commentary team was mental - they were just furious that the ref wasn't giving everything to them. I'm surprised that Stu Holden fella is an ex-player because he struck me as someone who'd never watched a football match before in his life and he was astounded that the referee could do things like award fouls against the USA.

7 hours ago, Reluctant Striker said:

I think Pulisic is currently the best non English player in the group, but England surely win, to some extent. Keep the momentum going.

Pulisic is very good, but so is Reyna. The thing is, Reyna is nearly always picking up injuries.

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yes.

The bias yesterday from their commentary team was mental - they were just furious that the ref wasn't giving everything to them. I'm surprised that Stu Holden fella is an ex-player because he struck me as someone who'd never watched a football match before in his life and he was astounded that the referee could do things like award fouls against the USA.

Holden was a decent player when he played for for Bolton Wanderers several years ago, but he is indeed very bias when it comes to commenting on the US national team. I think that he's always very close to the US national team, being an ex-player and a pundit for FOX sports. Although the US started very well in the game against Wales, the Welsh could and really should have won the match in the 2nd half. Some might say that the draw was the fair result, well Holden should be happy with the draw in my opinion.

• Administrator

England quite slow and ponderous. But I think that's more to do with USA's off the ball organisation and discipline when pressing. 

England just need to find a way to beat the press. There's not always an option for Stones and Maguire to pass forward to, so don't blame them for having to pass to each other. 

• The title was changed to Group B - R2 - England 0-0 USA - Friday 25th November, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived