talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group B - R2 - England 0-0 USA - Friday 25th November, 2022

football forum

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mount is invisible and has offered the midfield no relief, Sterling and Saka are not defending their wings properly and its allowing the US a free go whenever they get near our area. There is no urgency from Shaw, Trippier and any centre mid near them to close down the ball and it is killing us.

Trippier cannot be on the pitch, too error prone.

On 22/11/2022 at 14:09, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yes.

The bias yesterday from their commentary team was mental - they were just furious that the ref wasn't giving everything to them. I'm surprised that Stu Holden fella is an ex-player because he struck me as someone who'd never watched a football match before in his life and he was astounded that the referee could do things like award fouls against the USA.

Stu Holden is the only person worse than Lalas. Fuck me man, it is surprising he can call a match with a dick in his throat.

• Administrator

Neville blaming Maguire for that McKennie chance is fucking harsh. Maguire's no doubt been told to mark Wright, but no one picks up McKennie... That's not Maguire's fault! 

USA's game plan is to rigidly keep shape, high up & wait for England to try to play through them. And It's working so far.

Also USA look far more switched on & up for it on the pacy counter. Every England move looks slow & lacks quality.

On the 1st half, you would think USA are the favourites.

Mount often annoys me. He's in there as the attacking, creative midfield option, yet we may as well have Maguire or Stones there with how he always trys to take a few seconds to guard the ball & make his mind up. Needs to be much sharper to be justifying his spot for me. And Sterling is hopeless without the ball.

There will still be Wales, but you just know they will serve up exactly the same problem. Try & play through us.

• Administrator
Just now, Reluctant Striker said:

USA's game plan is to rigidly keep shape, high up & wait for England to try to play through them. And It's working so far.

Also USA look far more switched on & up for it on the pacy counter. Every England move looks slow & lacks quality.

On the 1st half, you would think USA are the favourites.

Mount often annoys me. He's in there as the attacking, creative midfield option, yet we may as well have Maguire or Stones there with how he always trys to take a few seconds to guard the ball & make his mind up. Needs to be much sharper to be justifying his spot for me. And Sterling is hopeless without the ball.

There will still be Wales, but you just know they will serve up exactly the same problem. Try & play through us.

Yep, the game plan by USA is just accentuating how bad England have been. 

USA is packing the midfield means we cannot progress down the wings or pass through them.

We looked very nervous out there especially Trippier and Saka.

Mount is the only one to have chased down the keeper and to got back to allow the defence to bring it out.

Also why when we have a free kick near the half-way line do we kick it back to the CBs?

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Spike said:

What is the deal with England? Is Southgate an incompetent tactician? Is his game plan so simply relying on the quality of his players to brute force overwhelm teams?

Just struggle to break a well-organised defensive team down. And it's made worse when your reliable senior players struggle in the game and lose their ability to change a game. I don't think he's incompetent. 

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

What is the deal with England? Is Southgate an incompetent tactician? Is his game plan so simply relying on the quality of his players to brute force overwhelm teams?

The deal is Southgate isn’t great but is good at not being Hodgson/Capello/McClaren bad and whilst we have a good forward line our midfield options are average (barring Jude) and our centre back and left back options are even worse

• Administrator
Just now, DeadLinesman said:

This game needs Rashford. Absolutely nobody is running at the opposition.

Yep. Why I think Grealish or Foden, or Rashford, should come on. They're much more direct. 

It’s difficult being used to a club side who whether youre the defender or striker, sprint back to defend and recover positions and having to watch our players tonight see 5 or 6 players back and decide that they dont have to run their legs off to cover

• The title was changed to Group B - R2 - England 0-0 USA - Friday 25th November, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived