talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group B - R2 - England 0-0 USA - Friday 25th November, 2022

football forum

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Group B - R2 - England 0-0 USA - Friday 25th November, 2022

I wouldnt be surprised if the xg is similar tbh. But we were properly shit, had no game-plan and at no point managed to get control of the game.

Bellingham came off and we spent the rest of the game camped in our own half, he was our only midfield outlet providing forward passes.

Aside from us, fair play to the US, great game plan, grabbed a point, if they beat Iran they go through now which is the sort of control of destiny that you want.

They didn’t actually create a lot of chances though which was surprising, especially second half, they need to be more incisive.

Things did seem to liven up a bit when Grealish & Henderson were on. But Bellingham would have been last of the 3 midfielders I'd have taken off.  I would be thinking of starting Rashford & Grealish, in for Mount & a wide attacker. With Southgate though I sort of sense he'd see less game changers on the bench.

And Maguire was certainly England's man of the match for me. Won so many defensive headers. Pinged a few nice balls around at times too.

Just now, Danny said:

Wish Neville would give it a rest about Foden. Greatest talent we have etc etc, he has never done it for England, he has never looked a cut above for England, so he goes on the bench. Simple.

"Lets keep our most talented player on the bench because he's never done it for England because he's 21 and is always on the bench"
You're a fucking genius daniel. 

Southgate was not able to turn it around.

Grealish won 4 or 5 free-kicks at lest two decent crosses and nothing on target.

Kane was poor though every time he got on the ball we was double marked. Ironically more touches in our defence.........

I was a bit disappointed that neither Rice nor Bellingham started playing 1-2s to break the US lines.

Not sure why Foden was not introduced too.

Still a clean sheet and we face Wales, their cup final 😃

1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

"Lets keep our most talented player on the bench because he's never done it for England because he's 21 and is always on the bench"
You're a fucking genius daniel. 

I never said keep him on the bench, he should come off. I’d suggest if you’re not watching the ITV coverage then you should give it a rest as its the coverage I’m talking about.

4 minutes ago, Danny said:

Wish Neville would give it a rest about Foden. Greatest talent we have etc etc, he has never done it for England, he has never looked a cut above for England, so he goes on the bench. Simple.

Yes I thought 'our best player' was OTT potentially maybe yet not for certain and Southgate must have his reasons based on what he sees in training.

Pulisic today played better for the US than he has done for CFC this season, reminds me of Bale, lifts his game for his country. 

I think the Henderson sub was to get the midfield driving us forward didn't work though we were no worse.

Don’t get this building from the back talk, we couldn’t play through them, we had no forward passes, the US were happy to let us have the ball at the halfway line and wait to hit us on the counter when we lose the ball as we push forward.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived