talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group D - R2 - Tunisia 0-1 Australia - Saturday 26th November, 2022

football forum

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see an improved performance from Australia against Tunisia. I don't think it was a case that Australia were so bad in their loss to France, more a case that the French were very impressive. Tunisia played well against Denmark and so they should be stiff competition. This is a match in which Australia can get a win, although it will be anything but easy. 

• The title was changed to Group D - R2 - Tunisia 0-1 Australia - Saturday 26th November, 2022

It was a lovely header by Duke to open the scoring. The Aussies deserve to be in the lead at half-time. Tunisia will need to improve significantly in the 2nd half if they want to get something out of this game and go further at this World Cup.

Vital win for Australia. They were so organised in that 2nd half and always adventurous when they had the chance. Tunisia controlled the majority of the possession but found it hard to break down that Aussie defence. They were restricted mainly to long range efforts, although they did have a very big chance with that shot in the 2nd half that forced Ryan into an excellent save.

Souttar's last ditch tackle after an Aussie defender slipped, typifies the way Australia played today. They were extremely determined, but their tackling was generally clean. They were also very sensible and intelligent when in possession, making use of the ball and doing the simple things well. If they avoid defeat in their final group match against Denmark, I believe that they will have a great chance of advancing. 

5 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Australia getting a draw against Denmark isn't impossible. 

Well on the evidence of Denmark's performance against Tunisia, it's a real possibility. I expected much more from Denmark, maybe we will see an improvement in performance by them against France today.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived